Week 4 - Chargers: San Diego...Err Los Angeles

Started by MDS, September 24, 2017, 09:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

If the Eagles moved, and twenty years later a new team moves in and gets a ring within five years I'd probably be all in, too.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

I know an old lady from Maryland who stayed a Colts fan through to today. She herself moved away from Baltimore at that time, and so she has no attachment to the Ravens, and the Colts moving didn't functionally mean much for her. She explained it to me that in 1984 she liked the team more than she hated the Irsays, and she wasn't about to become a Racists fan.

smeags

I guess the closet example philly has to something like this is when the warriors left and the syracuse nationals came here to become the sixers.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

maybe 5 people liked the nba at that point. i have never run into any person who stayed with the warriors or even heard of such a thing. there are some people that loved wilt more than anything but thats about it.

the point is yes we root for laundry but more than anything you root for a city. when the city affiliation goes away there's nothing left to root for unless you are a weak minded fraud. its like choosing you brother in law over your sister if she gets divorced.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

My father and grandfathers were A's fans till they croaked.  My Dad reluctantly became a Phillies fan mostly because of me. 

My Uncle Edeard was a bat boy for the A's in the 20s and 30s too. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on October 04, 2017, 05:53:14 PM
My father and grandfathers were A's fans till they croaked.  My Dad reluctantly became a Phillies fan mostly because of me. 

My great uncle was a scout for the A's.  Considering their record in the decades before the move to Kansas City, he wasn't very good at it.

Rome

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 04, 2017, 06:07:23 PM

My great uncle was a scout for the A's.  Considering their record in the decades before the move to Kansas City, he wasn't very good at it.

It's not that they couldn't fine talent.  They just couldn't pay them. 

smeags

Quote from: Rome on October 04, 2017, 06:30:08 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 04, 2017, 06:07:23 PM

It's not that they couldn't fine talent.  They just wouldn't pay them.

fixed that for you.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it