Legarrette Blount, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SD, May 17, 2017, 10:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: hbionic on May 17, 2017, 12:59:08 PM
Eagles easily could have had 3-4 more wins last season were it not for one or two plays.

Are we counting hiring Doug Pederson as a play?

Anyway, Blount is a good signing. Low risk, low cost. Be happy for once you miserable fargs.

General_Failure

If he can get back up to 4 yards a carry and keep Sproles from having to get killed, great.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

I didn't know this but Charles signed with the Broncos on a 1 year deal similar to that of Blounts. How wasn't he an option? He knows Pederson's system and is a much better back than Blount. I'd risk the injury factor because the upside is huge.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 17, 2017, 03:10:18 PM
Quote from: hbionic on May 17, 2017, 12:59:08 PM
Eagles easily could have had 3-4 more wins last season were it not for one or two plays.

Are we counting hiring Doug Pederson as a play?

Anyway, Blount is a good signing. Low risk, low cost. Be happy for once you miserable fargs.

This

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on May 17, 2017, 03:43:11 PM
I didn't know this but Charles signed with the Broncos on a 1 year deal similar to that of Blounts. How wasn't he an option? He knows Pederson's system and is a much better back than Blount. I'd risk the injury factor because the upside is huge.

I don't disagree with your logic here, but maybe Charles saw the Broncos as a contender and had no interest in the Eagles because they aren't.

Also, you know Jeffrey can't pass up a Pats castoff.

Rome

He led the league in rushing Tds.   I'm not sure what there is to be upset over, but even as cynical as I am, I can't think of anything.   Maybe he'll report 60 pounds overweight or they'll only use him as a blocker but other than stupid shtein, I think this is a great signing. 

rjs246

The down side is that they will drop back to pass 700 times regardless of who is in their backfield.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

That may be the reason Blount signed. He's not really going to be used that much, thus making an easy 2.8 mil.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on May 17, 2017, 11:00:57 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 17, 2017, 10:51:42 AM
the only thing here that doesnt make sense in terms of fit is that blount seems like the kind of player you sign if you are a superbowl contender like hes a piece that gives a really good team a look they may not otherwise have on their roster that could put them over the top

Could somebody diagram this sentence for me?

MDS

positives

2. has the requisite size and short yardage ability they need
3. on a 1 year deal for not a ton of money...there's no way he reaches the full 2.8....so if he wants another contract for even close to this, he needs to play

negatives
1. looked like garbage in the playoffs and wasnt used all that much
2. has played for only BB and even quit on the steelers, which isnt some podunk loser franchise coached by doug pederson 

even though they are at 4 rbs on the 53, id still keep an eye on that young bull from wiscy they brought in as a udfa. if he has a good preseason, he might not slide through and make the PS. so that means 5 rbs, or pumphrey is redshirted.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: Rome on May 17, 2017, 05:21:36 PM
He led the league in rushing Tds.   

Irelevant stat for big backs. Trent Richardson had 11 a few years ago. Blount averaged less than 4 ypc last season.

Rome

If he averages 3.5 ypc and he carries the ball 30 times a game, that's still over 1600 yards, SD. 

He won't.  He'll carry the ball 10-15 times a game and be used in short yardage situations.  Occasionally he'll have a 20-25 carry game, but he should be an excellent counter punch to Sproles and whoever else they're planning on bringing out of the backfield as a pass catching back.

I really don't see a down side here.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 17, 2017, 07:07:25 PM
If he averages 3.5 ypc and he carries the ball 30 times a game, that's still over 1600 yards, SD. 

He won't.  He'll carry the ball 10-15 times a game and be used in short yardage situations.  Occasionally he'll have a 20-25 carry game, but he should be an excellent counter punch to Sproles and whoever else they're planning on bringing out of the backfield as a pass catching back.

I really don't see a down side here.

i dont think hes guaranteed of making the team....imo 13 a game and 20+ carries in some games is way too rosy of an outlook for this guy...id say theres more chance hes done or quits on the team than there is of him getting over 200 carries next year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

He's averaged 11.68 carries per game for his entire career.  How is it rosy to expect 10-15 carries?   I'd say that's an entirely reasonable expectation.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 17, 2017, 07:34:26 PM
He's averaged 11.68 carries per game for his entire career.  How is it rosy to expect 10-15 carries?   

among other reasons...

no one has ever beaten father time....career averages mean little when you are in your 30's

he might not make the team

he might be there for primarily short yardage situations

he doesnt fit the eagles offense

hes at best third on the rb depth chart

eagles were 6th in the nfl last year in pass attempts with a rookie qb who one week before the season ws not supposed to play and the worst wr's in the league
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous