2016 Roster Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 01, 2016, 11:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 03, 2016, 03:59:47 PM
Najee Goode was cut. Don't get that one.

Probably because he's really bad at football. They'll pick up some other team's garbage instead.

Rome

Parkey really isn't a surprise.  Neither are any of the other cuts.

I really like Reynolds, though.  Too bad he didn't seem to pan out.  I can't believe he's not a better guy to have especially on ST's than Watkins, but whatever.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 03, 2016, 04:05:15 PM
Will they roll with 2 QBs?

Might as well. Worst case scenario: both QBs get injured during a single game, and the Eagles have to use an emergency QB in a game they were probably going to lose with their starting QB anyway.

Giants are keeping 2 also.

MDS

dont need a qb3 unless youre stashing one, like the initial wentz plan or barkley. if they wind up needing one, im sure bethel thompson will put down his whole foods membership card and come in.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

So assuming Johnson is suspended they'll end up with 10 OL.

If they have to cut someone for a LB who goes? Vaeao? Gordon?

PhillyPhreak54

I think Goode comes back after week 1

And if they want a third QB Kevin Hogan was cut by Andy and they had some interest in him

Diomedes

Quote from: MDS on September 03, 2016, 04:16:07 PM
dont need a qb3 unless youre stashing one, ...

Jets kept four QBs.  Wha?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 03, 2016, 05:12:46 PM
I think Goode comes back after week 1
I was thinking that too, then they don't have to guarantee his base salary. Still surprised they cut him. I think he can play either outside position and with with Kendricks injury history and Bradhams issues I don't think you can afford to go thin there. I'm also assuming the  will backer is particularly important in Schwartz's wide nine system.Maybe Schwartz just trusts Tulloch more since he knows the defense.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on September 03, 2016, 04:07:23 PM
I really like Reynolds, though.

lol...slow awful white safetys from stanford are awesome
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

SD

Watkins really outplayed Reynolds in the preseason, no way they were keeping both guys.

Eagaholic

PhillyPhreak54

DB Terrence Brooks Ravens
LB Kamu Grugier-Hill Patriots
WR Bryce Treggs 49ers

Waiver claims

PhillyPhreak54

Brooks is from Romey State and was a third rounder in 14. He's a safety/LB type.

KGH is a Pats 6th rounder from Eastern Illinois and played well on STs and can hit

Treggs went to Cal and ran a 4.39. The Niners tried to slide him onto the PS. Had a knee sprain in camp. Pimp Lite supposedly.

Looks like Turner will be cut.

My guess is Gordon and Vaeao also go.

PhillyPhreak54

Grugier is 6-2 215 and ran a 4.45

Brooks comes over likely because of Joe Douglas' influence from his days in Baltimore

Treggs is a farg you from Howie to Chip