Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

I would have minded taking a chance on Wentz at 8, but why give up all this material when you can just keep Bradford Instead? Does Wentz really give you THAT much more of a chance than Bradford will? It won't be horrible if the Eagles can eventually recoup a first-rounder for Bradford but what if he goes down with another ACL? I think they're probably screwed then, I don't see Howie and Company being able to make up the difference to put together a SB competitive team at that point. Not within the next three or four years anyway.

PhillyPhreak54

That's my thing - during the season the talk was how weak this QB class was. Now all of a sudden these two guys are worthy of top picks?!

In a normal class they'd be in the 20's or early 2nd round. But hey - let's trade a shtein ton of picks for a d2 dude

Rome

Wentz was the second-fastest QB at the combine and his throws were almost uniformly perfect.

Oh, and he has prototypical NFL measurements and his intangibles are off the charts as well.

So, yeah, the Eagles are definitely stupid for taking him.

smeags

gonna be a summer of bleeding vags around here.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

homer romey when the rams traded up for wentz....

Quote from: Rome on April 14, 2016, 12:01:35 PM
That's insanity, pure and simple.  Jesus the Rams are nuts.

homer romey when his eagles traded up for wentz...

Quote from: Rome on April 21, 2016, 03:10:47 PM
Wentz was the second-fastest QB at the combine and his throws were almost uniformly perfect.

Oh, and he has prototypical NFL measurements and his intangibles are off the charts as well.

So, yeah, the Eagles are definitely stupid for taking him.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Where did I say the deal was a good one?  Oh, that's right.  I didn't.  I think they gave up way too much to go up to #2 but I also said if he's a franchise QB, the deal will end up being a good one.

I was disputing the suggestions that he was slow (he isn't) he has a zesty arm (he doesn't) and he's not capable of being an NFL quarterback because he went to a D-II school (plainly absurd).

Reading really is fundamental, Havas.  You should actually try it sometimes instead of pounding your farging keyboard like an imbecile whenever someone expresses an opinion you disagree with.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Rome on April 21, 2016, 03:39:40 PM

I was disputing the suggestions that he was slow (he isn't) he has a zesty arm (he doesn't) and he's not capable of being an NFL quarterback because he went to a D-II school (plainly absurd).

Watch the highlights is all I am saying.  Combine speed is not game speed.  #Mamula

He may have a strong arm (e.g. can throw it 75 yards) but again, watch the film and tell me a lot of those passes don't get picked against better/faster players.  Mick Vick and his great arm say "hi" btw. 
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

phattymatty

Well I would trade away much more than they did for a 21 year old Mike Vick. I don't even understand that comparison. Take away the dog fighting and he could easily have easily won a SB with the right team.

smeags

im wondering what film bill is watching. cause obviously all the guru's missed it.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: smeags on April 21, 2016, 04:17:11 PM
im wondering what film bill is watching. cause obviously all the guru's missed it.

I think a lot were. 3 months ago this kid was a third round project and now he's the second pick in the draft?
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Rome

A player who was out eight weeks of the season with an injury while playing on a team in North Dakota wasn't on the national media's radar?

I'm shocked.

smeags

bill - I don't know what this kid will turn out to be in the nfl, but as a fan I have no say in the matter so i'll let it play out. its part of the excitement. the unknown.

and to answer your next question, yes, I will flip a farging lid if he's a bust.

Rome

We'll all lose our shtein if he busts out and I don't think there's a single true Eagles fan who doesn't expect him to be a POS somewhere in the back of his mind.   

Maybe they'll get lucky this time and he'll turn out to be a star.  I doubt it but you never know.

PhillyPhreak54

And if he's taken by LA?

How does Goff make you guys feel

Rome