The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on June 18, 2012, 12:39:37 PM
Eli threw out the first pitch for the Mets, and it was a lollipop. I mean, he was holding his young daughter, but that's no excuse... Right?

i didnt see it but maybe he was also holding his two lombardi trophys?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

He was wearing them on a modified beer helmet.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: General_Failure on June 19, 2012, 01:25:47 PM
He was wearing them on a modified beer helmet.

Too bad we don't have any active posters who play around with p-chop.

RSbirdman22

You could redirect all your Draw Something talents into P-chopping.  Where's your heart, kiddo?

PoopyfaceMcGee

I don't even have DrawSomething installed on my phone anymore, old man.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

Diomedes

Yeah, Joneszilla was back too.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

I wish your return was like that.

Seabiscuit36

QuoteTeammate says Jason Pierre-Paul is like Reggie White
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 27, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Getty ImagesGiants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul is coming off a tremendous season, is freakishly athletic and at age 23 has an enormous upside. But one teammate may have gone a bit overboard in describing just how high Pierre-Paul's upside is.

Giants defensive lineman Chris Canty says he thinks Pierre-Paul can be as good as Reggie White.

"There is really nobody in the league right now that you can compare him to," Canty said on the Michael Kay Show. "The only person that kind of sticks out where you can compare him to — and I can't believe I am saying this — but he reminds me a lot of Reggie White. His ability to play all those different positions and to impact the football game the way he does, he is an unbelievable talent."

It's true that Pierre-Paul has unbelievable talent, but he's only been in the league two years. One of the things that made White amazing was how long he lasted as one of the league's top defensive linemen. From his first season with the Eagles, when he had 13 sacks in 1985, to his last season with the Packers, when he had 16 sacks in 1998, White was among the best players in the league for a decade and a half. No one deserves to be compared to White after two years in the NFL.

But it is fair to compare Pierre-Paul to active players, and Canty says Pierre-Paul compares favorably to every defensive lineman currently in the NFL. Canty previously played with one of the league's best pass rushers, his former Cowboys teammate DeMarcus Ware, and said there's "no question" that Pierre-Paul is better than Ware.

"JPP's ability to play any position along the defensive front is what makes him tremendously special," Canty said. "He can play the shade, the two technique, the three technique . . . he can do it all . . . anything you want him to do along the defensive front, he can do."

He'll have to do everything along the defensive front for a long time before he can compare to White.

Ummm No
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

JPP is more athletic than Reggie ever was, but he's not even in the same class as far as dominating a game. I don't see the 'potential' to be as great as Reggie. I think he'll consistently put up decent numbers but 20 years from now we won't be mentioning his name in the same breath as White/Smith/Strahan. Suh is comparable to Reggie as far as style of play goes.

SunMo

reggie was farging athletic for his size though.  idk that i'd easily hand that title to JPP
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

Reggie couldn't do flips in the air for 30 yards. That's some crazy shtein for a guy JPPs size to do. Reggie's club move and his low center of gravity were what made him impossible to move. Reggie was stronger but he wasn't as athletic. The reason these comparisons are springing up now is because JPP put on 20 lbs in the offseason so they're relatively the same size. They're not similar players at all.

shorebird

Reggie was one of the strongest players in the league when he played and he had unbelievable technique and work ethic. Comparing any player to him after only 2 years is absurd.

Rome

Reggie White re-defined the position.  JPP has had a great start but let's wait a few years before we measure him for a HOF bust.