The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

it was funny reading Tyrell Thomas saying today that they weren't going to let him showboat.  mother farger, he backstepped into the endzone from the 10 last year in your stadium.  that ship has sailed.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Giants wideout Steve Smith's microfracture surgery could be costly
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 16, 2010, 2:04 PM EST
S. Smithnyg1

The news surrounding Giants receiver Steve Smith's season-ending knee injury continues to get worse.

The team's '09 leading receiver will undergo microfracture surgery and mosaicplasty on his knee, according to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News.   His rehab could take 6-9 months, according to Newsday.

That could put Smith's status for the start of next season in some jeopardy and it cost Smith a significant amount of money this offseason.  Set to be a free agent, Smith was still playing under his rookie contract.  He would have probably received a new deal by now if not for the labor uncertainty.

Smith has a unique skill set as a strong route runner with good hands, but that skill set often doesn't get paid as much as deep threats.  It's possible he could have to sign a short-term deal to get the long-term money his production warrants.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

An NFL team had not blown a 21-point lead at the half since the Giants did it against Tennessee in 2006.

DH

PoopyfaceMcGee

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phattymatty

wow...a guarantee that they will win at least one of two games. pretty ballsy there guy.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Don't know how they gameplan for the ultimate weapon... Rex Grossman.

General_Failure

They're going to try to keep him in the pocket and limit his running lanes.

The man. The myth. The legend.

paco

Quote from: FastFreddie on December 20, 2010, 07:01:56 PM
Don't know how they gameplan for the ultimate weapon... Rex Grossman.
Time for the vaunted taterskin two QB formation.  Grossman? Beck?  You can't gameplan for that!!
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Hawk

Did anyone see Eli's press confernece... He was sitting there waiting for the media to show up and only one guy with a schoolbag showed up, so he began.

Tomahawk

What are the odds of the Giants hiring Cowher after this season?

PhillyPhreak54

Pretty good.

There's been smoke around that rumor for awhile that he wanted the Jints job.

Tomahawk

ESPN says his order of preference is NYG, MIA, and HOU

I'd like to see him go to HOU.