The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

if he comes back to play at a high level its a mistake no matter how you spin it...especially so because he will be doing it to the eagles twice a year

they had a legit reason to release him...they also had a legit reason to keep him....they chose the former...it was a decision they made and one they are accountable for
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Chance that Andrews was going to make a comeback for the Eagles:  zero.

Go ahead, argue otherwise.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Players the Eagles should have kept:

Shawn Andrews
Donovan McNabb
Michael Westbrook
Jeremiah Trotter
Brian Dawkins
Koy Detmer
Jerome Brown
Mike Ditka

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on August 30, 2010, 05:17:46 PM
Chance that Andrews was going to make a comeback for the Eagles:  zero.

Go ahead, argue otherwise.

hed be playing for them right this second if they had not released him...theres really no argument against that...he was going to play for whatever team he happened to be on when healthy

to say he was never going to play for the eagles again is as speculative as it gets and really has no facts to back it up

what you can argue is that he will never stay healthy and thus wasnt worth keeping

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 30, 2010, 05:24:14 PMto say he was never going to play for the eagles again is as speculative as it gets and really has no facts to back it up

what you can argue is that he will never stay healthy and thus wasnt worth keeping

I can argue both and sleep just fine, knowing I'm a better person and football fan than you.  Suck it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on August 30, 2010, 05:20:45 PM
Players the Eagles should have kept:

Shawn Andrews
Donovan McNabb
Michael Westbrook
Jeremiah Trotter
Brian Dawkins
Koy Detmer
Jerome Brown
Mike Ditka

Don't forget Jerome McDougle, another first-round loser that people cried about when he went to the Giants after most of a decade worth of failure on the Eagles. I expect Andrews' success on the Giants to be similar to McDougle's.

Diomedes

I predict more like Corey Simon for the Colts.

QB Eagles

Good call. Unlike McDougle, Andrews knows how to play, and like Simon he's totally unreliable physically and mentally at this stage in his career.

Diomedes

Remember how morbidly fat Simon got?

QB Eagles

Yeah I enjoyed the season that he spent on the PUP list without any explanation whatsoever from the Colts, before the "polyarthritis" thing was eventually leaked.

ice grillin you

like two people cared about mcdougle leaving and he sucked from day one....hideous analogy

QB Eagles

phreak, you, myself, wingspan, and munson (what a horrible collection) are all on record as saying it was a mistake to cut mcdougle in '08. pretty sure phreak still thinks it was a mistake.

Rome

Remember this load of farging horseshtein?

Quote"When I came out to LA after my back issue, I had to look coach Reid in the eye and tell him I owe him," Andrews said. "It's bigger than football with me right now. If nothing else, I just wish that I could get just one more season just so I can pay coach Reid and just prove to the fans that I still have it, I still want to be a part of this organization. And for coach Reid sticking by me with my situation in 2008, and I definitely owe the city of Philadelphia so hopefully lord willing, I can get back to 100 percent and get to mashing people again."

I hope that fat motherfarger strokes out dead.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 30, 2010, 06:08:23 PM
phreak, you, myself, wingspan, and munson (what a horrible collection) are all on record as saying it was a mistake to cut mcdougle in '08. pretty sure phreak still thinks it was a mistake.

i have constantly destroyed mcdougle since the day he was picked...he sucked in college and sucked in the pros...no chance i even remotely cared that he was let go...at best i might have wanted him kept that year over reno mahe or mike gasperson but thats it

PoopyfaceMcGee

Andrews didn't play for two seasons, expected to sit out camp and rest his back, then get plugged in to the starting lineup here.  No way the Eagles could have kept him in that situation.  Meanwhile, the Giants invested next to nothing in him.

So, yes, he can be a bust/cut for the Eagles and a good player for the Giants... and still not represent any mistake in judgment by the Eagles FO.  To argue otherwise is asinine, which is why many of you nimrods are doing just that.  The Eagles signed his brother and traded for his college roommate, and he couldn't get in shape to play.  Then the Giants sign him and THAT's a FAMILY?!?  Hey, farger, the team that traded up to draft your ass says DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE.