The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Getting Burress would be a very, very distant 4th to trading for Boldin, trading for Edwards, and trading for T.O.

Rome

You guys whine about the Eagles not having any talent at the receiver position, then when a guy who is roughly ten million times better than anyone the Eagles have on the roster becomes available, you give him the gas face.

Awesome.

rjs246

Talent + shteinForBrains + Andy Reid = Implosion
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

I don't care if Burress bangs girl scouts in his free time.  He'd be a perfect addition for the Eagles offense, and he'd finally give McNabb someone to throw to and opposing defenses to worry about.

Get.

Diomedes

I don't require Eagles players to be mormon Eagle scouts, but it would be nice if they weren't the stupidest douchebags in the sport.  I want to be able to cheer for them.  Plaxico as an Eagle would probably be good for the team's SuperBowl prospects, so I'm not opposed to it.

But I can't root for the guy, and it would really chap my ass to have the kind of icehole on the Eagles who normally fits in best in Dallas or NY.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I don't disagree with that entirely, Dio, but Dallas has five Super Bowl wins and the Giants have three, and I think one of the reasons they've won so much is precisely because they'll occasionally have supremely talented iceholes on their teams. 

I know I'm in the minority here and that's fine.  I've just had my fill of the Kevin Curtis's and Jason Avant's of the world.

Diomedes

The thing is, the choice isn't between TO or Plaxico and Pinkston or Curtis.  There are Boldins and Andre Johhnsons and the like out there too.  Give us one of those, please.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Feva

Quote from: Rome on April 04, 2009, 08:09:11 AM
I don't disagree with that entirely, Dio, but Dallas has five Super Bowl wins and the Giants have three, and I think one of the reasons they've won so much is precisely because they'll occasionally have supremely talented iceholes on their teams. 

I know I'm in the minority here and that's fine.  I've just had my fill of the Kevin Curtis's and Jason Avant's of the world.

You might be in the minority, but you're not alone.  Even though I'd like to take a shot at Boldin or Edwards first, I'd be the last one pissed about Burress on the team.  People can feel however they want about him, but when he starts catching TD's... all that other shtein tends to be forgotten about.  This WR corps is a #1 away from being one of the best in the league... and now that there are 2 or 3 that may be available, I'm not about to get picky.

Even with the suspension, I'll take 12 games with Plax over 16 with Curtis and company.  He'd be a monster with the Eagles.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on April 04, 2009, 08:11:36 AM
The thing is, the choice isn't between TO or Plaxico and Pinkston or Curtis.  There are Boldins and Andre Johhnsons and the like out there too.  Give us one of those, please.

Burress is free, though.  All they have to do is write him a check and he's an Eagle.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on April 04, 2009, 08:29:22 AM

Burress is free, though.  All they have to do is write him a check and he's an Eagle.

It's still up to the courts to determine how free he is.

Feva

That's deep, son... that's deep.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

reese125

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 04, 2009, 09:22:07 AM
Quote from: Rome on April 04, 2009, 08:29:22 AM

It's still up to the courts to determine how free he is.

yeah...I was reading down all these posts and everybody is calling for Plax because he is free from the Giants, but dude still has a major felony against him. My understanding from what I read is he will have to serve something (no priors or not), and I doubt the judge would push the sentence because he wants to play around with a leather ball

Tomahawk

I'm not familiar with New York laws on this (Law & Order never did a show about this, yet), but my understanding is, if convicted, he has to do a mandatory minimum of 3.5 years. That's not to say he can't plea it down to a lesser charge, but dook is going to do some time and probably won't be available to play in '09

Eagaholic

Marvin Harrison says if Burress moves to Philly he won't have to do an jail time.