The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

you really didn't 3 posts to make that point
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

shorebird

mussa

twas a great game to watch. i thought for sure the phillies lost that one...so i stuck to the browns kicking the shtein out of the gints. little do i know watching sports center after, phils came back and won! what a great weekend for philly
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Wingspan

Quote from: mussa on October 14, 2008, 09:47:30 AM
twas a great game to watch. i thought for sure the phillies lost that one...so i stuck to the browns kicking the shtein out of the gints. little do i know watching sports center after, phils came back and won! what a great weekend for philly

Seriously?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

I swear to god mussa is actually a 7 year old.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: EagleFeva on September 28, 2008, 01:04:41 PM
QuoteQ: What was the last thing going through Mr. Jones' head when he was working on the World Trade Center's 90th floor?
A: The 91st floor.

Q: What is the New York City Fire Department's favorite song?
A: "It's Raining Men"

"It's a bird!"
"It's a plane!"
"It's.... Oh shtein, it IS a plane!"

I'm sorry... but those are farging hilarious!  :-D

holy shtein theres at least ten of them that have me literally crying laughing right now

the knock knock one is the dumbest hilarious thing ive heard in a while
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: mussa on October 14, 2008, 09:47:30 AM

NFL blowout over Phils NLCS.

You and IGY should hook up and watch some TV together.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

QuoteBURRESS SHOOTS HIMSELF IN THE LEG, ACCIDENTALLYPosted by Mike Florio on November 29, 2008, 11:05 a.m.
Multiple sources tell us that Giants receiver Plaxico Burress has shot himself in the leg.

Apparently, Burress was carrying a loaded gun.  And the gun went off.

The incident happened on Friday night/Saturday morning.  His condition currently isn't known.

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com also is reporting this one, and he'll soon have a story up with additional details.

Though at this point the player's health and well being is the primary concern, what the hell was he doing with a loaded gun?

It also remains to be seen whether he faces charges for carrying the loaded gun, and whether he ultimately encounters scrutiny from the league for violating the Personal Conduct Policy.

UPDATE:  Glazer reports that Burress spent the night in the hospital, and that his injuries are not life threatening.  Per Glazer, the team is still gathering information regarding the incident.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

QB Eagles

Apparently he was out at a club when he shot himself. Too bad he missed the femoral.

rjs246

It's amazing to me how consistently stupid professional athletes are. Maybe some day I'll get used to the idea.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Wingspan

Reggie Brown would never shoot himself.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Wingspan on November 29, 2008, 04:46:51 PM
Reggie Brown would never shoot himself.

He'd try, but he'd drop the bullet.

Diomedes

Quote from: rjs246 on November 29, 2008, 11:44:57 AM
It's amazing to me how consistently stupid professional athletes are. Maybe some day I'll get used to the idea.

well, jocks are stupid by rule.  sure, there are exceptions to the rule, but few and far between.

so it only makes sense that the most successful ones are also stupid

come on, you're smarter than this
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

I don't buy that. I know plenty of smart people who were 'jocks' or at least very athletic. The 'jock' versus 'nerd' stereotype is overly simplistic in my experience. Logically, I'm inclined to think it's more likely a combination of two things:
1. Only the most ignorant, not-fit-for-normal-human-interaction athletes make these kinds of headlines.
2. The very best athletes are coddled and worshiped from such an early age that they don't bother attempting to learn or be anything other than ignorant muscle-bound treestumps.

Either way, shtein like this certainly lends itself towards your 'jocks are stupid' theory, so maybe I'm way off base here...

Let them eat bootstraps.