Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

I knew it! It is Ann Coulter!

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD_Eagle5

I looked close but didnt' see horns and a tail

Zanshin

I know this has nothing to do with the current conversation, but I just looked at this thread and need to reiterate-- I know that the Giants won the super bowl, and I know they beat the Pats...but I STILL just don't think they're more than an average team.  I just can't see it.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Zanshin on April 21, 2008, 04:02:34 PM
I know this has nothing to do with the current conversation, but I just looked at this thread and need to reiterate-- I know that the Giants won the super bowl, and I know they beat the Pats...but I STILL just don't think they're more than an average team.  I just can't see it.

they are an average team when you take away their pass rush. unfortunetaly they have a plethora of guys who can get to the qb and a dc that knows how to use them.

Zanshin

Absolutely true...take away that pressure at all, and they're arguably less than average.

rjs246

Take away their ability to rush the passer and they are hot garbage. That is the only thing they have going for them, but they know how to maximize that strength.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Feva

How big a part of that do you guys think Strahan is?  I know they've got other good rushers, but he's still the one seeing all the double teams.  If he retires, does that make the pass rush drop off enough so it's not so big of a strength?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

shorebird

Quote from: Zanshin on April 21, 2008, 04:12:58 PM
Absolutely true...take away that pressure at all, and they're arguably less than average.

They have one of the best passing games in the league, and won the Superbowl without their starting TE, played all year with Plax, one of the best wr's in the league, hurt at about 50%. They have a rookie runningback that reminds a lot of people around the league of Bwest. Plus they have a bull rusher in Jacbos to go with Bradshaw, who will have a years experiance under his belt when the season starts.  

When the new season starts, and they get everyone back healthy, ala Plax and Shockey, they will be even better than the team that won the Superbowl.

And although losing Strahan will hurt somewhat, if you think he was the only player getting to the qb for them, you must have missed the Superbowl. Kawika Mitchell and Justin Tuck were all over Brady and played their asses off the whole pre-season.

You can talk all the crap about taking away thier pass rush, this and that, it has no bearing on the facts. To call the team that just won the Superbowl avg. if you do whatever is ridiculous. You guys are grasping at straws.

shorebird

They have a qb who passed for 3,3336 yds. and 23 td's with his two best weapons either hurt or out for most of the season. They have a running back who rushed for over 1,000 yds. and a 5.0 avg. per carry. Even hurt, Plax had 1025 yds. and 12 tds. Toomer complimented him with 760 yds. Jason Tuck had 10 sacks, Osi Umenyoiora had 13 with 5 forced fumbles for all you who think losing Strahan will hurt them so bad.

That is not an average team by any stretch of the imagination.

BigEd76

Quote from: Diomedes on April 21, 2008, 07:54:41 AM
you think this attractive walleyed couple will breed a squad of Super Bowl qbs?

I'm sure they'll have nice normal names too

reese125

as long as Peyton doesn't hand down that rainbow sweater to his son, he should turn out normal

Diomedes

farg man, that sweater is the bomb

I'd wear that if vigy doesn't beat me up for it
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

reese125

so you're (thanks Sun) diggin those OshKosh B'Gosh's too?

Sgt PSN

Peyton and Sheli are still rocking the same haircut that they had 20+ years ago.