The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: reese125 on February 22, 2008, 01:10:12 PM
Yeah it was real dumb...the guy was a friggin mess both San Fran and here (still is), trashed his QB, fights in the locker room, etc. But for some odd reason the Cowboys take him.. and he shows no signs of trouble and produces like a mother farger. Thats my point

TO wanted money.  Plain and simple.  The Cowboys gave it to him and TO stopped bitching.  He didn't have some dramatic personal turn around because the Cowboys were a better environment.  They were barely a .500 club before he got there.  They had an ancient QB in Bledsoe and an unknown in Romo.  There was absolutely nothing about the Cowboys that would be attractive to a WR except $$. 

ice grillin you

ill take my chances with a 24 year old all pro caliber corner who may or may not work out

vs

a guy who ive yet to draft who may or may work out

winning teams takes chances...losing teams and teams stuck in mud sit back and do everything the right (ie 'gold standard') way....i would give 19 for deangelo much less 31 which is a no brainer

plaxico burress says
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

I told you IGY would agree.

Rome

Quote from: reese125 on February 22, 2008, 12:31:31 PM
just like it made no sense for the Cowboys to acquire Owens, and look what happened

Thanks for making my point for me.  The Cowboys haven't done shtein in the playoffs with Me-O and he caused Parcells to run screaming for the hills.

reese125

the point wasnt to see if the guy himself can win the Superbowl or keep coaches around, it was to see if he could still produce at a high level without making trouble--and he did both.

Not a chance in hell you can blame Owens for the Cowboys collapse this year

shorebird

Blame the Cowboys o-line, if anything.

Geowhizzer

Why not blame Jessica Simpson like my Cowgirl fan students?

Rome

Quote from: reese125 on February 22, 2008, 06:48:31 PM
the point wasnt to see if the guy himself can win the Superbowl or keep coaches around, it was to see if he could still produce at a high level without making trouble--and he did both.

Not a chance in hell you can blame Owens for the Cowboys collapse this year

Yeah, winning in the playoffs and being a good teammate are totally overrated.  As long as you produce in the regular season, you're golden.

ice grillin you

football is a team game and no one player outside of a franchise qb takes you to the sb...however a great player like a  TO is going to get you to the playoffs more often than not (provided you have even abover average talent elsewhere...and once you get into the post season everyone has a shot

for you to downplay his influence on a team romey reeks of desperation on your part...

screw TO lets go with nice flowery fluffy guys like kevin curtis....after all we dont wanna win we wanna have the lifetime movie network of football teams and all just be good teammates...hip hip hooray!!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

His influence on the Eagles was 100% negative in the end or have you forgotten that small point?  And what has he accomplished thus far in Dallas?  How many playoff wins has he brought for the Cowboys?  Oh, that's right - he's brought the exact same number as he did in Philly... ZERO.

You're wrong about that cock and you're wrong about bringing thugs and miscreants into the mix as well.  You don't need to be a pouting, preening, showboating dickhead in order to be a winner, IGY. 

PhillyPhreak54

Star Ledger reporting Plax wants a new deal...

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 24, 2008, 02:21:12 AM
football is a team game and no one player outside of a franchise qb takes you to the sb...however a great player like a  TO is going to get you to the playoffs more often than not (provided you have even abover average talent elsewhere...and once you get into the post season everyone has a shot

for you to downplay his influence on a team romey reeks of desperation on your part...

screw TO lets go with nice flowery fluffy guys like kevin curtis....after all we dont wanna win we wanna have the lifetime movie network of football teams and all just be good teammates...hip hip hooray!!

Why can't you give the Kevin Curtis crap a rest?? The only reason you and all the other haters around here bust on him is because he made you all look like idiots. You just can't admit you were wrong about him. You still think Reggie Brown is better. He was good for this team and flat out the best receiver ON this team!! With him this team is one go to guy away from having one of the best receiving corps in the game. Without him we have Brown and Lewis=Thrash and Pinkston. He's not a top 10 wr but he's not half as bad as you want everyone to think he is just because you said he couldn't get open. STFU already!

TO is a self serving egomaniac who was so damn fake crying about the press saying mean things about his qb that I wanted to puke. What has he won?? Nothing.  

hunt

you can't win a super bowl with a white #1 wr.

fact.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

shorebird

shorebird

.....and you forgot that you can't win with any white linebackers either. Or so it seems in concreteland.