The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

The Giants are reportedly prepared to send the No. 31 overall pick in the draft to the Falcons in exchange for CB DeAngelo Hall.

PoopyfaceMcGee

That should fuel their implosion nicely.  Too bad they got rings first.

reese125

I disagree. He was miserable in Atlanta and the team blew. He's already one of the top CB's in the league and going to the SuperBowl champs will only fuel his abilities. Great pick up if it happens

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sorry, I was clearly mistaken.  A guy like Hall will obviously flourish under an understanding coach like Tom Coughlin.  He doesn't have severe character flaws that will cause more problems than his benefit on the field.  He isn't a complete pain in the ass.

Thanks for the insight.

reese125

ha...a pain in the ass. welcome to the nfl

thats right... going to different teams, champions, new atmosphere could do nothing for your career. thanks for clearing that up.

Sgt PSN

reese makes a good point.  But if you don't want to take his word for it, then ask Randy Moss. 

Rome

Hall is a loudmouth malcontent.  He's also poison in the locker room (remember the Michael Vick nonsense?).   Trading for him would be a horrible move for the Giants especially if Coughlin is sticking around because Hall is exactly the type of douchebag that Coughlin hates on his team.  It makes no sense whatsoever for the Giants to make this move.

Therefore, I support this proposed thrade wholeheartedly.

reese125

just like it made no sense for the Cowboys to acquire Owens, and look what happened

cant see why you would supports a shut-down corner in the Eagles division, especially the Giants just because you "think" Coughlin cant handle him

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 22, 2008, 12:13:29 PM
reese makes a good point.  But if you don't want to take his word for it, then ask Randy Moss. 

Fantasy players love Randy Moss due to his record-setting regular season.  The Patriots might think differently based on him completely disappearing during the playoffs.  Let's see if they bring him back next year.

Quote from: reese125 on February 22, 2008, 12:31:31 PM
just like it made no sense for the Cowboys to acquire Owens, and look what happened

They lost their first playoff game two years in a row and drove away a Hall of Fame coach.

reese125

Randy Moss and the Patriots are thought to be very close to agreeing on a contract extension, if they haven't already.

Every major newspaper in Boston printed the same sentiment this morning. Moss and the Patriots have made their desire to sign a long-term deal very clear, leading to speculation the two sides have a verbal agreement in place.
Source:Boston Globe

PoopyfaceMcGee

Hey, I'd love to play it "safe" and assume that NY acquiring a highly-talented guy like Hall will be catastrophe for the Eagles.  But he's never given anyone any reason to believe he's not a complete idiot.  15-yard penalties, locker room malcontent... Good luck with that.

The good news is that IGY probably agrees with you.  Savor that.

reese125

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on February 22, 2008, 12:50:10 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 22, 2008, 12:13:29 PM

Fantasy players love Randy Moss due to his record-setting regular season.  The Patriots might think differently based on him completely disappearing during the playoffs.  Let's see if they bring him back next year.

Quote from: reese125 on February 22, 2008, 12:31:31 PM

They lost their first playoff game two years in a row and drove away a Hall of Fame coach.

Moss might not have had a great postseason but it certainly wasn't because he had a poor attitude about anything.  He had a history of being a malcontent in Oak and Minn but when you put him in a good environment with strong leadership like NE, he goes on to have one of the single greatest seasons ever had by a WR.  

Using Owens as an example was dumb on reese's part.  It doesn't support his argument at all.  If anything, it would counter his argument.  Owens had no reason to be a malcontent in Philly (other than money).  It was already a winning environment when he got here.  Dallas was a .500 club when he went there.  So which team had the better environment to go to?   

reese125

Yeah it was real dumb...the guy was a friggin mess both San Fran and here (still is), trashed his QB, fights in the locker room, etc. But for some odd reason the Cowboys take him.. and he shows no signs of trouble and produces like a mother farger. Thats my point

When players make a switch, they have the ability to make something positive happen with the team. Its been proven

PoopyfaceMcGee

Let it be known for the record that I think much more of Randy Moss as a person and as a player than I do of DeAngelo Hall.

Following that logic, I think the Giants would benefit themselves by using the #31 or trading it for a better player and person.  So, if they trade it for Hall, that's just fine with me.