The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Derrick Ward broke his leg and is done for the season. The Eagles might see some Brandon Jacobs next week.

BlueHeart

That's what we're hoping. He's supposed to start practicing again this week.
Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...

PoopyfaceMcGee

I heard a commentator/analyst (maybe Steve Young?) went completely ballistic about Eli Manning, saying he's no better than a journeyman/backup, and the Giants have really made a serious error hanging their hat on him as the QB.  He said there is zero chance the team does anything significant in December or January with him at the helm.

I completely agree.  He's actually the worst starting QB in the division, behind McNabb and even Campbell.

Feva

***Cue 350yd, 4TD performance against the Eagles***
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: EagleFeva on December 04, 2007, 10:33:34 AM
***Cue 350yd, 4TD performance against the Eagles***

That makes sense.  It's a near-meaningless game against a mediocre team.  Fits his MO nicely.

BlueHeart

In the NFC there are very few meaningless games. Every win counts since there's so many mediocre teams with playoff chances. *shrug*

As for Eli, I'm not ready to panic or toss him under the bus just yet. Do I think he will ever go down in the record books as one of the greatest QBs to ever have played the game? My guess is, umm, no.

He does have it in him to have big games when his head is right (and a coaching staff change wouldn't exactly make me cry). I'd rather have a well-rounded team that doesn't rely on a sole position to be able to win...
Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...

rjs246

I'm just glad that they traded away a pile of draft picks that turned into pro-bowlers for Eli. That warms my nuggets.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Zanshin

If there ever was a case to me made for "intangibles" at the QB spot, Eli makes it.  Because he has none.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Unstoppable... Eli Manning is!

Feva

Quote from: FastFreddie on December 07, 2007, 10:46:58 AM
Unstoppable... Eli Manning is!

I can't describe to you how much I laughed at that commercial when they played it right after he threw 3 "pick 6''s against the Vikings.  :-D
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Diomedes

I love his tuff guy, 2 yard stare, in that spot.  He's as soft looking as they come.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

eli = beaker from the muppet show
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Fractured fibula for Shockey, done for the year  :poison

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Not just broken...needs surgery because ankle is also injured.  Ha, ha.