The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

PFT has this to say about the game and it's injuries:

QuoteGIANTS DROPPING LIKE, WELL, GIANTS IN BALTIMORE

Somebody must have taken an axe to the beanstalk, because Giants are falling left and right on Sunday night.

The most serious of the bunch is receiver Michael Jennings, who ruptured an Achilles' tendon while making a reception in the first quarter.

Also, safety Will Demps dislocated an elbow, and cornerback Sam Madison pulled a hamstring.  Receiver Steve Smith has a concussion.

And whenever Giants players get hurt we recall the words of coach Tom Coughlin, who suggested when hired that players could somehow will themselves to stay healthy.

The Ravens haven't avoided the injury bug.  Cornerback Samari Rolle and receiver Derrick Mason each has sustained ankle injuries.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

It's been a bad two weeks at M&T

Diomedes

No shtein...twice I was caught off-guard by the traffic.  Stupid baltimorons.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Feva

Someone who maybe has more reason than anyone else to support Michael Vick... has found himself another team.

QuoteOn a related note, the Star-Ledger of Newark, N.J., is reporting today that former Eagles returner and safety J.R. Reed has signed with the New York Giants.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SD_Eagle5

Manning's response to Tiki bashing him on Sunday Night:link
QuoteEli Manning may not have the fire in his eyes that Tiki Barber wants to see in the huddle, but he sure had it yesterday when talking about Tiki Barber.

Asked for his reaction to Barber's comments on the Sunday Night Football halftime show, Manning shot back, and shot back hard. Here is Eli Manning, fired up and unplugged:

"I guess I'm just happy for Tiki that he's making a smooth transition into the TV world," Manning said. "You know, I'll be interested to see if he has anything to say (about a team) besides the Giants, and what his comments will be on that.

"It's just one of those deals. I'm not going to lose any sleep about what Tiki has to say. I guess I could have questioned his leadership skills last year with calling out the coach and having articles about him retiring in the middle of the season, and (how) he's lost the heart (to play). As a quarterback you're reading that your running back has lost the heart to play the game and it's about the 10th week. I can see that a little bit at times. But I'm not going to get concerned. I'm going to go out there and play ball."

Told that he sounded a little angry or frustrated, Manning said, "It's just one of those deals. The guy goes to the media and he's got to say stuff. He's been put in a situation where he's got to talk. That's just the way it is. That's the world we live in and you've got to deal with it."

Asked later if it felt good to unload on Tiki, Manning didn't back down. "I don't like to show up anybody," Manning said. "That's just the way I am. That's just the way I'll always be, probably."

PhillyGirl

All i heard was "WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH, I'm a bitch".

Same thing we've heard from him since the draft.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Feva

Actually... it sounded to me like he just could be on his way to growing a pair.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

shorebird

Quote from: Diomedes on August 19, 2007, 10:28:25 PM
No shtein...twice I was caught off-guard by the traffic.  Stupid baltimorons.

You should make a trip over my way to the Shore. You could be my guest. I'd even wear shoes.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: EagleFeva on August 21, 2007, 03:05:31 PM
Actually... it sounded to me like he just could be on his way to growing a pair.

If he made those comments while Tiki was on the team I'd agree. Doesn't take balls to respond to him now.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 21, 2007, 03:56:10 PM
Quote from: EagleFeva on August 21, 2007, 03:05:31 PM

If he made those comments while Tiki was on the team I'd agree. Doesn't take balls to respond to him now.

This. He is, and always will be, a Grade A Hoyda.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

not everyone can be as gully as donovan
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 21, 2007, 04:05:22 PM

You should be banned for ever comparing McNabb to Manning. McNabb has more balls in his little finger than Manning will ever have.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 21, 2007, 04:06:40 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on August 21, 2007, 04:05:22 PM

McNabb has more balls in his little finger than Manning will ever have.

Right.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyGirl

Yes, while Manning was crying draft day because he didn't like the team that drafted him, McNabb was busy throwing 4 TDs on a broken leg.

ice grillin you

they are both bitches in their own special ways

the difference is that mcnabb is a way better player
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous