Previous topic - Next topic

Do you collect anything?

Yes
16 (69.6%)
No
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

PhillyPhanInDC

I enjoy muscle cars from the 60s and 70s. Of the five I have, two are total basket cases, one is unrestored, but is in great shape, and I run it hard, and the last two are fully frame off restored, that my father and I completed. Not sure if this makes me a collector, or just an enthusiast.

Also, I collect beer. When I was in the service I would get at least one beer from each country. Since then I will grab one if I see it for sale, but I don't seek out kinds that I don't have. I have maybe 30-40 different kinds which I display in the garage.

Finally, fishing reels. These I am probably a little nuts over. Since I was a kid I've fished on the Jersey shore, as have my parents and parents before them. Most people wouldn't know it, but some reels (the rods normally rot away, or break), have a lot of value. I was given a set of Penn reels that my great grandfather used, and restored them to like new, and keep them pretty safe. Probably have 20 old fashioned fishing reels.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Diomedes

I'm surprised we haven't had a gun collector post yet.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

What kind of cars you got, PhillyPhaninDC?

Wingspan

As a kid I collected football and baseball cards. And I even got back into it in my early 20's. Not so much anymore, in fact, about a year ago, i went and threw a bunch of them away. And by a "bunch" I mean a couple of thousand.

I do collect Star Wars memorabilia, but I am not nuts about it. I have a few highly valuable items in that collection. The best one being a "Revenge of the Jedi" original movie poster and actual Trailer Reel that I got when a movie theater closed down near me as a kid.

I have a shot-glass and beer stein collection too.

Currently, I have a collection of sports pennents for decorating my basement, which can only fit into 3 categories... Current Eagles Stuff, Vintage other philly teams. And (my favorite) defunct sports franchises...of which I have

"Philadelphia Stars Championship"
"Baltimore Stars Championship"
"Philadelphia Athletics"
"Philadelphia Atoms" (soccer)
"Philadelphia Bell"
"Philadelphia Blazers" (hockey)
"Philadelphia Warriors"
"St Louis Browns"
"Baltimore Colts"
"New Orleans Jazz"

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyPhanInDC

The unrestored "fun" car is a 70 Buick GS 455, it has some tiny spots of rust, the interior is worn, but it runs like a raped ape. The basket cases: a 69 Buick GS 400 Convertible, and my next project when I get to it is a 68 Dodge Dart GTS. The two restored cars are a 56 T-Bird, and a 67 Mustang Fastback.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Tomahawk

Nice - I'm looking for a 71 or 72 Buick Riviera Boat-tail (I don't like the 73s as much) with a perfect combination of price, functionality, and restorability.

PhillyPhanInDC

Well, if you need parts, let me know. I've got blocks, heads, rears, wheels, you name it. When you get in the market for one let me know, and I can get you some good resources for Buick Resto stuff.

Zanshin

No for me.  Never understood the allure of collecting stuff for the sake of collecting stuff.  Especially autographs...I really don't understand that.

ice grillin you

Also, I collect beer. When I was in the service I would get at least one beer from each country. Since then I will grab one if I see it for sale, but I don't seek out kinds that I don't have. I have maybe 30-40 different kinds which I display in the garage.

collecting beer bottles is dope

for a while i started collecting 40 bottles...had about 12 until i realized i didnt really have anywhere to keep them at he time as i was living with my dad still...i wish i hadnt stopped tho
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

I collect spores, molds and fungus. 

SD_Eagle5

Sgt PSN

You get the gold star award for today. 

SD_Eagle5

I was hoping for naked pictures of the secretary

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

I'd bang her. The secretary with glasses look always turned me on.