Eagles Sign LS Dorenbos

Started by MURP, November 29, 2006, 03:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Link

Quotehe Eagles added a little bit of magic to their special teams unit on Wednesday.

Pro Bowl long snapper Mike Bartrum was placed on the Injured Reserve list on Wednesday and the Eagles signed Jon Dorenbos to take his place.

The 6-0, 245-pound Dorenbos has played in 39 NFL games since signing as a rookie free agent with the Buffalo Bills following the 2003 NFL Draft. He is also a professional magician who has performed in Las Vegas and Hollywood.

Most recently, Dorenbos was an emergency replacement for the Tennessee Titans earlier this season when long snapper Ken Amato was sidelined with a thigh injury for the Oct. 15 game vs. Washington. Dorenbos was called in for a similar role in 2005. Amato was out for the final nine games of the season with a broken leg and Dorenbos was signed to fulfill Amato's long snapper job.

Bartrum suffered a herniated disc during Sunday's loss to the Colts. The herniated disc at located at C3-C4 and is "lying against his spinal cord," according to head athletic trainer Rick Burkholder.

Dorenbos spent his first two seasons with the Bills. He was one of two rookie free agents to make the final 53-man roster and handled punt snapping duties in all 16 games. In 2004, he was the Bills' long snapper for 13 games before suffering a season-ending knee injury. Dorenbos spent the 2005 training camp with the Bills before being released prior to the start of the regular season.

Dorenbos began his collegiate career in 1999 at Golden West Junior College in Huntington Beach, Cal., as a fullback and linebacker, before transferring to the University of Texas-El Paso in 2000. He went on to handle the long snapping duties in 23 games while at UTEP over three seasons. A 26-year-old native of Garden Grove, Cal., Dorenbos starred at Pacifica High School in football, baseball and basketball.

SD_Eagle5

QuoteHe is also a professional magician

Cool, maybe he can make our defense re-appear

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Quasimoto

I'm so wet over this news.

Dorenbos is God.

Beermonkey

Obviously Reid's arrogance kept him from signing that giant, run-stuffing long snapper that we need.  >:(

ice grillin you

excellent signing...i heard a lot of good things about this guy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 29, 2006, 03:52:02 PM
excellent signing...i heard a lot of good things about this guy

Me too!

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 29, 2006, 03:50:41 PM
what the hell is reid thinking...he couldnt find someone more experienced than this...first a skier now a magician...what is going on with this team

BTW, I hope to be able to pick up my Dorenbos jersey on PhiladelphiaEagles.com by the end of the week!

ice grillin you

I hope to be able to pick up my Dorenbos jersey on PhiladelphiaEagles.com by the end of the week hour!

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm surprised you haven't already personalized an authentic Dorenbos for the low low price of $279.99.

ice grillin you

if i rocked a dornebus jersey on monday at least 99% of the stadium thinks its my last name

PoopyfaceMcGee

You should change your name to Dorenbos.

ice grillin you

his first name should be Lon and hed be really awesome

Mad-Lad

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 29, 2006, 04:03:25 PM
if i rocked a dornebus jersey on monday at least 99% of the stadium thinks its my last name

because they don't know the player or because you spelled Dorenbos wrong?

ice grillin you

Quasimoto

I think this is the guy who saw his father murder his mother and thats why he persued magic.  Not sure though.  Anyone else remember that?