the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

SD

The Wells Fargo commercial with the mascot and the one time ATM app.

PhillyPhreak54

One that makes me crack up is the DirecTV one where people cheer bad shtein happening.

The one that gets me is the dude with the bad haircut and his little remark he makes saying he likes it.

Subtle yet hilarious. Kinda like the Marco Polo one a year or so ago where they cut to the llama and the look on its face.

Sgt PSN

Those commercials got a mild chuckle out of me the 1st time I saw them, but after that just became annoying.

In my freshmen or sophomore english class we spent a week or 2 discussing commercials and advertising gimmicks.  Teacher was a former advertising person of some sorts, so he would have a few commercials on tape each day and we would basically dissect them to try and pick up on the subtle and/or subliminal messages within them that were used to sell the product.  It was pretty fun actually and for some stupid reason I still, to this day, try to pick commercials apart.  Fascinating stuff, right?

QB Eagles

I've always wondered why ad agencies don't make more avant-garde ads to draw attention. Even something like a 30-second silent ad would stand out and get people to look up at the screen.

I'm probably underestimating how boring the American people are, though. "Dilly Dilly" really does sell piss beer, and the networks probably have rules against broadcasting anything that isn't as formulaic and idiotic as the rest of their programming.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I find advertising to be interesting. What makes people say "I'm gonna buy your shtein based on this ad?"

The dilly dilly makes me want to smack people. And I wonder if people will not buy something based on an ad being zesty/annoying and being played repeatedly.

SD

I like the dilly dilly. It's just dumb enough to work. Perfect ad for the target audience.

Tomahawk

What kind of dumbfarg buys perfume or cologne based on a television commercial?

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Tomahawk

An unfortunate side effect of this presidency is I can't play card games like Spades or Euchre anymore

Eagaholic

Quote from: Tomahawk on December 21, 2017, 03:53:28 PM
What kind of dumbfarg buys perfume or cologne based on a television commercial?
The same kind dumbfargs who apparently need that popup bar that indicates how loud your tv is when you change the volume.

Diomedes

lol...never thought of how pointless that graphic is..
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on December 21, 2017, 06:52:57 PM
lol...never thought of how pointless that graphic is..

It's so def people can tell how loud the volume is, dumdum.

hbionic

I suspect those murderous beds are from ikea...farging Malms!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05