Updating the board software

Started by General_Failure, June 11, 2011, 08:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Hey there. Looks like this is a free add-on. Any interest in incorporating it if it's free and easy? I know I'd use it because a lot of times I'll look at the site from my phone, but I'm not sure what the appetite would be otherwise. On the phone with the standard formatting, there's a lot of scrolling, pinching and zooming. But, hey, that's what I get for using a phone. That said, if this is a cheap and easy mobile solution, l'd be interested. I like my forums like I like my women...cheap and easy.

http://tapatalk.com/pricing.php#

Zanshin

The Tapatalk app is free on GetJar, btw.

General_Failure

This is something we can do, and I'm looking at a few available options before I do anything.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Zanshin

General_Failure

When you're logged in on a mobile device, everything should look the same, except for the logo up top. It still stretches out on phones, so I'll keep working on that.

Zanshin

It looks the same, just tiny because of the resolution...hence the zooming and scrolling. Not that big of a deal either way.

Sgt PSN

Everything still looks exactly the same on my phone as it did yesterday, including the banner. 

General_Failure

Well it worked on my phone and tablet, so farg you. Trying a different mod and theme, it should work with more mobile devices now.

Sgt PSN

Yeah, now it looks crazy different on my phone and it seems harder/different to navigate the board.

Sgt PSN

I just noticed at the bottom of the page there is an option to switch back to the full site. Ahhhhh....much better.

Munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 23, 2012, 01:07:13 PM
I just noticed at the bottom of the page there is an option to switch back to the full site. Ahhhhh....much better.
yeah this new layout is weeeeird
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Zanshin

Ahhhh, NOW it looks different. Cool.

Zanshin

I like it. Seems like it's zoomed out too far, because of the column size, but other than that it's very clean.

hbionic

I still have no clue of what you hotties are talking about. Probably never will either.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhreak54

I tried it but I'm so used to the old way I switched back.

Good work though GF.