farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

Travis Frederick diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome. Most likely out for the year I'd imagine, and after that who knows. Sucks for him, at least he signed big contract last year and renegotiated it this year for more signing bonus.

EJ72

Quote from: Eagaholic on August 22, 2018, 09:20:32 PM
Travis Frederick diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome. Most likely out for the year I'd imagine, and after that who knows. Sucks for him, at least he signed big contract last year and renegotiated it this year for more signing bonus.

Yeah, seems like a solid guy and recovery will likely depend on the severity. The "vaunted" Dallas OL has been taking some serious hits recently and it's basically the backbone of the team..

ice grillin you

ESPN says this morning "he might miss a few weeks of the season"
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Mark Schlereth missed half a season with it in the 90s and then played for another 7 years. Seems to be the only documted NFL experience with it.

ice grillin you

physically he could probably play tomorrow but it probably takes a month or two to get the legal in order to allow him to play with it so everyones asses are covered
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from:  UK National Health Service Website via quick Google searchMost people eventually make a full recovery from Guillain-BarrĂ© syndrome, but this can take a long time and some people have long-term problems. The time it takes to recover can vary from a few weeks to a few months, or sometimes several years. The vast majority of people recover within a year.

I can't even make a guess.  I don't even play a doctor on TV.

hbionic

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 23, 2018, 11:41:38 AMI don't even play a doctor on TV.

This is what hurts your credibility the most. Maybe you should consider playing one?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Tomahawk

I hope to have a disease named after me someday

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

Never change, Dallas.

QuoteDallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory, who will play in his first regular-season game since 2016 on Sunday, suffered a substance-abuse relapse last month that the NFL could rule on as early as this week, league sources told ESPN.

Diomedes

"suffered" a relapse, lol

You know, on the one hand I get this language about drug addiction being a disease and all,  a sickness that people are afflicted with and from which they suffer, and I get that the attempt is to de-stigmatize people who are addicted, etc.

On the other hand, LMFAO..put down the farging crack pipe icehole, I ain't got no sympathy for you and stay the farg away from my people.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

It seems like his problem is with marijuana, which isn't even physically addictive. It's not a disease, it's a habit like being addicted to video games or potato chips. I get that changing habits is difficult, but this is costing him millions of dollars and ruining his career.

He's well past the point where he should have hired a minder to slap his wrist every time he reaches for the ganja, if he's even a remotely responsible and serious person. It's dumb that weed is stigmatized and banned, but I used to have a job where I was tested, and do you know how I avoided getting fired? By not smoking while I had that job.

QB Eagles

I'm really glad that Dak turned out to not be a good QB.

SD

Since Week 14 of the 2017 Season:

Carson Wentz: 1 Game, 4 TD's, 1 INT, 100.8 QB Rating, 1 SB Ring
Dak Prescott: 4 Games, 1 TD, 4 INT's, 68.8 QB Rating, 0 SB Rings