50 states in 50 days is the biggest failure in ESPN history

Started by WEST is GOD, August 26, 2005, 01:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEST is GOD

This has become the most repetitive and annoying thing they've ever done on ESPN. They butchered that open road song, and on top of that they don't even really give you anything interesting on the states. FAILURE.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

QB Eagles

I agree. It's been a snooze-fest.

I wouldn't call it "the biggest failure in ESPN history", because this is the network that carried Sunday Night Football.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

WEST is GOD

THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 26, 2005, 01:38:15 AM
I wouldn't call it "the biggest failure in ESPN history", because this is the network that carried Sunday Night Football.

Um... Sunday Night Football's ratings are very good.  I have no idea where you're coming from with this one.

QB Eagles

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 26, 2005, 07:56:32 AM
Quote from: QB Eagles on August 26, 2005, 01:38:15 AM

Um... Sunday Night Football's ratings are very good.  I have no idea where you're coming from with this one.

I didn't mean financial failure. I'm sure people are watching 50 States in 50 Days on SportsCenter too.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 26, 2005, 08:39:54 AM
How many here actually watched "Tilt?"

I did.  It sucked ass, but it was addictive.

And the chick that played Michael Madsen's daughter was all kinds of hot.

PhillyPhreak54

Hiring Woody Paige & Skip Bayless were horrible moves...

I wish they had that Nick Bakay gambling segment on again every Monday with his wife. Remember that? I loved that weekly piece. Maybe because he helped me laugh off my losses...

rjs246

Honestly, does anyone care about watching a show dedicated to their state? It was a boring idea from the get go. Yay Pennsylvania! Yay Massachusetts! Yay Virginia! Who farging cares?

They should have scrapped 50 States and showed some lacrosse for once.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

The Bobby Knight movie is probably thier biggest failure to date.  I didn't see the Pete Rose movie but it looked bad.  Really bad. 

Father Demon

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 26, 2005, 08:39:54 AM
How many here actually watched "Tilt?"

Twice.  And I Tivo poker games on TV.  I love poker.  That show sucked.....
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyPhanInDC

The worst state I saw was Maine. MAINE. They talked about some fat shtein kid eating a blueberry pie in some dumb shtein contest for 15 minutes.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.