Little League World Series

Started by Don Ho, August 21, 2005, 05:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

I don't know if many of you are watching the LLWS but this Hawaii team is amazing.  Every time I look up there whackin' one out.  They look like men compared to this Iowa team there playing(Danny Almonte?).
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

There is also a team from Newtown, PA (suburb of Philly)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

I think they got beat yesterday (the Newtown team).

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

Newtown is 0-2 and pretty much done, though there's a game tomorrow vs Iowa...

PoopyfaceMcGee

Amazing that I actually played for that same Newtown LL All-Star team 13 years ago, and we couldn't even beat Levittown or Richboro.

MDS

I played for Old York Road Little League, but I was never all that good and went away during the summer. I think one year we won like 2 games or something and almost made it to the regional tournament.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

I played for Honey Brook little league.  2nd place in Chester County!  ;D :-D

BigEd76

I was on the Levittown International team as a 10-year old.  We didn't go very far though...

Don Ho

Hawaii beating Florida 8-0 in the fifth.  Maybe Wade should take a ride over to the LLWS and sign some of these kids.  Very fan friendly!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

I don't trust these teams that are too dominant....  :sly

PhillyPhreak54

Who was that Danny Almonte like dude who has a goatee and struck out 18 kids the other night? Check his birth certificate!

I wonder if he smokes and drives a dirtbike?

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 22, 2005, 06:19:27 PM
Who was that Danny Almonte like dude who has a goatee and struck out 18 kids the other night? Check his birth certificate!

I wonder if he smokes and drives a dirtbike?

I think he had a 5 o'clock shadow by the end of the game.

BigEd76

I don't think Kelly Leak was 12 either....

1976 - led Bears to championship game
1977 - drove van to Houston Astrodome  :sly

BigEd76

Saudi Arabia had a black kid with bleached hair that was 6'5" 250 with size 18 shoes...  :o