2012 Point and Laugh at the Skins thread

Started by SD, February 05, 2012, 02:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20120205_peyton_manning_to_the_taterskins_eskin_says_very_likely

Two people "close" to the Manning family tell Howard Eskin of 94 WIP Philadelphia that Peyton Manning is "very likely" to be a taterskin in 2012.
Eskin is a Philly reporter with a relatively spotty reporting track record, but his information is at least interesting. He refers to the taterskins' interest in "other QBs" as a "smokescreen," and indicates that Mike Shanahan's priority will be to acquire Peyton Manning. On Sunday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the taterskins have interest in both Matt Flynn and Kyle Orton.

Eagaholic

I'd still be very surprised if he goes to Washington. I'd have thought Manning was smarter than that, and finding a place where he can still run things up to his standards and have a chance to compete would be worth more than the piling on a few gazillion more dollars. He seems levelheaded enough I'd think even he realizes his own limitations, and wouldn't be able to turn a franchise like that into a SB winner.

SD

He has no choice in the matter if the Skins trade for him which is what is being reported that Shannahan wants to do.

MDS

hes not going to washington

thats one of the worst franchises if not the worst in the nfl. no shot to win.

peytons neck might fall off one hit into the season and hes not risking it for a 5-11 team
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

He doesn't have a choice if he's traded. How is that hard to understand? You know damn well Snyder will part with picks to make it happen. The rest of the league knows he's going to be released and Peyton said he'd be willing to restructure his deal with another team, Washington knows they're not on his short list of preferable teams so they'd have to trade for him and pay his signing bonus. This is a typical Snyder move. Not saying it will definitely happen but Peyton really has no say in the matter if the Skins make a trade for him. He can refuse to play for them but then he gets labeled as a whiner which is something he's not.

MDS

im pretty sure everyone would be on his side if he didnt want to play for the racists
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Mannings sit down, shut up, and play for who they're told to. And why wouldn't he want to play in the same division as his brother, who might possibly go into next season with twice as many superbowl victories as him?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

Quote from: SD on February 05, 2012, 02:32:24 PM
He has no choice in the matter if the Skins trade for him which is what is being reported that Shannahan wants to do.

Sure he has a choice. He can just say he doesn't want to play for Washington and he'd be very unhappy there and would probably suck ass playing in that city and my friend Albert Haynesworth says probably my neck would hurtz there too.

Don Ho

Considering how well all of Snyder's moves have worked out of late this is a no brainer.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagaholic

None of it really matters anyway because Manning is probably going to be released before the Colts can trade him.

Tomahawk

Quote from: General_Failure on February 05, 2012, 04:46:20 PM
Mannings sit down, shut up, and play for who they're told to...

Unless one of them is told he's going to play for San Diego

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

not laughing:

they just got rg3

3 1sts and a 2nd

farg

reese125

Jabar Gaffney is going to blow the farg up this season.

Sgt PSN

This pisses me off because I want to enjoy watching RGIII play and I just can't root for the guy in DC.  Not only that, but getting drafted into that clusterfarg of a team is probably going to farg up his career.