Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

MDS

just a guy who hates obamas policies, not his skin color

find a new slant
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on October 10, 2018, 04:18:18 PM
Why is the plate obscured?

so all the snowflakes can't find out who he is and murder him

Rome

I've always wondered why people literally put targets on themselves like that.  Hopefully someone will take that piece of filth out.  Too many iceholes for the planet to sustain life as it is. 

Diomedes

The only sticker I ever even considered putting on a vehicle said "I hate bumperstickers." 

I decided against it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

General_Failure

Historian of Nazism explains why GOP Senate leader Mitch McConnell is the 'gravedigger of American Democracy'

QuoteHe stoked the hyperpolarization of American politics to make the Obama presidency as dysfunctional and paralyzed as he possibly could. As with parliamentary gridlock in Weimar, congressional gridlock in the US has diminished respect for democratic norms, allowing McConnell to trample them even more. Nowhere is this vicious circle clearer than in the obliteration of traditional precedents concerning judicial appointments. Systematic obstruction of nominations in Obama's first term provoked Democrats to scrap the filibuster for all but Supreme Court nominations. Then McConnell's unprecedented blocking of the Merrick Garland nomination required him in turn to scrap the filibuster for Supreme Court nominations in order to complete the "steal" of Antonin Scalia's seat and confirm Neil Gorsuch. The extreme politicization of the judicial nomination process is once again on display in the current Kavanaugh hearings.

Diomedes

The only check against such a degradation of the institutions which separate us from Syria is the vote.  Unfortunately, that's a lousy check.  The fact is the people aren't qualified to lead themselves, or even choose their leaders.  As the Founders knew, most people shouldn't vote.  They're uninformed, uneducated, disinterested.  Couldn't tell you the names of five Senators.  Couldn't point Afghanistan out on a map.  Have no clue what the difference is between the trade deficit and the national debt. There is zero chance the American public suddenly votes like informed, vested citizens rather than a fickle rabble, and so the political situation will continue to worsen. 

I don't think there's any going back.  McConnell and Trump are the future.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

washington became the 20th state to outlaw capital punishment

Diomedes

Having a hard time keeping a straight face when I read about all these folks withdrawing their participation and support from the Saudi regime.

Thugs kill a loudmouth critic and suddenly the world realizes that they are no more than rich barbarians? 

I'm not buying it.  If you supported them last week, you might as well carry on, they were just as repugnant then and they still rich, which is the only reason anyone would deal with them.

General_Failure

No Food, No FEMA: Hurricane Michael's Survivors Are Furious

Quote"We're not getting any help," she said. "We need food. It's just crazy."

Sanders said that not a single relief agency had come by to check on them. Only the police had come and it was to tell everyone to leave. "They told us there's nothing they can do and it's gonna take a long time to rebuild," Sanders said.

Just then a pick-up truck arrived with water. It was the first help this neighborhood had received and it turned out to be two brothers—Chris and Brendon Hill, from Louisiana—who had decided to come and help.

ice grillin you

this is unbelievable corruption that would disqualify anyone from winning a few weeks before an election or any weeks before an election....but i doubt it has any effect in todays world where all that matters is your guys wins

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/us/rick-scott-conflicts-blind-trust.html

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 17, 2018, 10:58:46 AM
this is unbelievable corruption that would disqualify anyone from winning a few weeks before an election or any weeks before an election....but i doubt it has any effect in todays world where all that matters is your guys wins

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/us/rick-scott-conflicts-blind-trust.html

Welcome to Florida. This disclosure will probably earn him more votes here.