Remembering the 86 Eagles

Started by 4and26, July 11, 2006, 12:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4and26

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5630182

Recently there was a post on the 86 Eagles but this is a good article off Foxsports.

MURP

QuoteAnd despite the fact that he was sacked every fourth time he dropped back to pass, Cunningham...

David Carr aint got shtein on RanDOLL

dpierce

The Eagles gave up 104 sacks in '86....I still have trouble believing that.
Crier of the week: Terrorists of all backgrounds. Tantrums are selfish acts by children; extortion and murder disguised as fervor for a cause are both selfish and just plain evil. "We're gonna blow up things and kill people until we get our way!" There's a convincing argument, huh?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: dpierce on July 11, 2006, 03:21:25 PM
The Eagles gave up 104 sacks in '86....I still have trouble believing that.

I do and I don't......

I don't simply because that o-line is quite possibly the worst line ever assembled.  A line of coke would have done a better job protecting the QB as it would have kept LT occupied for most of the game. 

I do have a hard time believing that though because Randall was so fast and agile.  But I suppose that helps emphasize just how poor the o-line really was. 

Don Ho

i remember 86 very well.  that first game was frightening.  Junior Taulatatasi from UCLA started at RB.  I remember being all jacked about Randall since he played for UNLV in the WAC and played against Hawaii.  That OT win over the Raiders was sweet.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.