Started by 4and26, December 11, 2005, 04:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4and26

:-[
Guess I 'll start it.....

GAME INACTIVES, CHANGES ON 'D' 

December 11, 2005
By CHRIS McPHERSON

Cornerback Donald Strickland will suit up for the first time as an Eagle on Sunday against the New York Giants.
Strickland, who played with the Indianapolis Colts in the season opener, was released after suffering a hamstring injury which placed him on Injured Reserve. Strickland started in 12 games for the Colts in the last two seasons, but will play in nickel situations against the Giants.

"They're thinking of giving me a little time at nickel," said Strickland on Friday. "(The Eagles will move) Sheldon (Brown) in to play the slot and I'll go on the outside. I've been working in and getting to know the defense."

S Jack Brewer 
There are other changes for the Eagles defense. Defensive tackles Mike Patterson and Sam Rayburn will start in place of Darwin Walker and Hollis Thomas.

"We are rotating those guys, so we are going to give those two an opportunity to start it off," said head coach Andy Reid on Friday. "We feel like we have four guys that can start, so it's not as big of a deal as what you can make of it. It's an opportunity for those guys to get in and see what they can do at the beginning."

The inactive for the Eagles include wide receiver Carl Ford, cornerback Dexter Wynn, running back Brian Westbrook, linebacker Matt McCoy, defensive tackle Keyonta Marshall, guard Scott Young, tackle Calvin Armstrong and wide receiver Terrell Owens.

For the Giants, Jared Lorenzen is the third quarterback. Safety Shaun Williams, cornerback Frank Walker, linebacker Alonzo Jackson, guard Rich Seubert, wide receiver Jamaar Taylor, defensive end Adrian Awasom and defensive tackle Damane Duckett.

Strickland was signed by the Eagles on Nov. 22 after Lito Sheppard was placed on Injured Reserve. He was inactive in the past two games, but thanks to the help of his former college teammate, strong safety Michael Lewis, he has picked up enough of the defense to get on the field.

"It's been a little challenging figuring I came from a completely different scheme," said Strickland. "Learning on the fly is a pretty tough obstacle, but luckily I have Michael Lewis there for support to clean up the rough edges. He's been in this situation. It's going in the right direction."

Strickland, who studied Mechanical Engineering, was a teammate of Lewis' at Colorado.

Sunday's game will be special for another of the relatively newer additions to the team. Safety Jack Brewer, who has been a part of the special teams unit, will face his former team.

"Playing against the team I played a year and a half for...it's always fun to go against your old team again and see familiar faces all across the board," said Brewer. "I have a lot of respect for them, but I'm definitely excited about the game."

Brewer, who was signed after Sean Considine was placed on Injured Reserve, contributed a pair of special teams tackles in his Eagles debut against the Giants.

"I think he's a guy, I would think, that would have a future here," said special teams coordinator John Harbaugh. "It all depends on numbers and that kind of stuff and what his plans are, but he's a very good special teams player and I think he's a pretty darn good defense player as well."

MDS

well this looks to be gettin bad fast
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

4and26

Sure does.....

Glad someone else is out there ...kind of lonely here today  ::)

DutchBird

Quote from: MDS on December 11, 2005, 04:12:46 PM
well this looks to be gettin bad fast

Indeed it does... also depends on what the offense decides to do...
You have New York, we have Amsterdam
Just 15,000 Dutch beat out 90,000 Americans

With Timmy, one of three things is going to happen. Somebody is going to get hurt - it's either going to be him, an opponent, or one of our players.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

4and26

DutchBird....still have TO as your avitar....could that get you banned?  :-D

DutchBird

Quote from: 4and26 on December 11, 2005, 04:15:21 PM
DutchBird....still have TO as your avitar....could that get you banned?  :-D

Hmmm apologoes... I will start looking for someone else... though at the moment I could not care less about anything, to be honest.
You have New York, we have Amsterdam
Just 15,000 Dutch beat out 90,000 Americans

With Timmy, one of three things is going to happen. Somebody is going to get hurt - it's either going to be him, an opponent, or one of our players.

Geowhizzer

Behind already.  :-o

If they don't care, why should I?

Geowhizzer

Nice drop by Greg Lewis.  :boom

(OK, so I care... a little.)

Mad-Lad

MDS

4and26

Catapult

Thank you LJ!

And Greg Lewis...?   :boom :boom :boom :fire :fire :fire
Please select your blitz package:  Zone, Darth, Mad Tiger, Train Wreck, Monster, Kitchen Sink, Jail Break, or Bench Press (new!)

4and26

Quote from: Catapult on December 11, 2005, 04:21:07 PM
Thank you LJ!

And Greg Lewis...?   :boom :boom :boom :fire :fire :fire

GL is such a disappointment after such promise last year.

Catapult

Please select your blitz package:  Zone, Darth, Mad Tiger, Train Wreck, Monster, Kitchen Sink, Jail Break, or Bench Press (new!)