Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Brolin out and out stole that movie. 

I really enjoyed it, btw.  I thought it would be terrible but it was very good. 

SD

Quote from: Rome on April 30, 2018, 12:00:34 PM

One of the greatest villains in any movie genre ever. Unreal emotional/motivational/character depth.

hbionic

Are the whole avenger series one that I can just jump into at any movie or do I have to watch every single hero-movie just to understand what's going on?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

Quote from: hbionic on April 30, 2018, 01:18:08 PM
Are the whole avenger series one that I can just jump into at any movie or do I have to watch every single hero-movie just to understand what's going on?

If you just watched the Avengers starting with the first one you'd get the gist of it. The culmination of the individual character movies just add depth to the story. Unless you care about the individual characters back stories you're not missing anything watching the Avengers.

smeags

Quote from: AO1 on April 30, 2018, 01:04:49 PM
Quote from: Rome on April 30, 2018, 12:00:34 PM

One of the greatest villains in any movie genre ever. Unreal emotional/motivational/character depth.

yeah, superhero movie wise, prob within the realm of ledger's joker.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

I was thinking after the movie that that's what Negan on TWD should have been.  I mean obviously there's a ton of differences between them, but ironically the real life character is less human than the CGI creation.  Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a good actor too, so it's sad that he was given such zesty dialogue and directed in such a ridiculously cartoonish way.  Buffoonish really. 

smeags

the couple next to us got teary eyed during two scenes in the movie. you can probably guess what two.

Rome

The Black Widow/Gamora lesbo scene?

Munson

Someone begging Tony Stark for their life annnnd....the 2nd 'death' of a certain character?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

Quote from: Rome on April 30, 2018, 07:25:52 PM

I see you waited for the 2nd easter egg too.

General_Failure

I went and saw it last night. It was a surprisingly well paced 2 hours and 40 minutes. Kinda hard to actually care about any of the big dramatic scenes, but it almost made me want to go back and watch one or two of the last half dozen movies I skipped, and that's pretty impressive itself.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Beast of No Nation - on Netflix, outstanding movie

Rome

Quote from: smeags on May 01, 2018, 08:39:42 AM
Quote from: Rome on April 30, 2018, 07:25:52 PM

I see you waited for the 2nd easter egg too.

If they don't want people masturbating in a crowded theater, they shouldn't show scenes like that. 

Just sayin'...

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on April 30, 2018, 01:04:49 PM

oscar?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Tully - as real and raw a script as you see by Diablo cody...she's dropped her trademark sarcasm and gone for a bruising portrayal of modern motherhood...I would almost guarantee it's nominated for best original screenplay

8/10
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous