Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Inherent Vice is legitimately awful...I stopped reading there
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

"Inside Llewyn Davis" is a boring & pretentious piece of shtein.   Not surprised it was top 5, though.   

The best performance was turned in by the cat.

QB Eagles

List makes a strong case for it being the worst decade for movies since the 1920s. The talent is in TV, I guess.

ice grillin you

pretty much

this is nothing new it's been trending for along time but I think it's finally taken over.... everything is super hero's sequels and remakes....originality is basically dead

ice grillin you

once upon a time in Hollywood- outstanding absolutely masterful filmmaking art...just don't expect anything much to happen until the last ten minutes...there is literally no plot which will turn a lot of people off but it's film making at its absolute peak...I would put it as his 5th best film...so many crazy cameos and a great sound track...the set and costume design is one of the best I've ever seen...you literally feel time machined to 60's LA...go see it

8.5/10

PhillyPhreak54

American Hangman on Netflix was pretty good.

MDS

updated qt:

pulp - basterds - kill bill 1 - once upon a time - dogs - hateful - kill bill 2 - django - jackie

i really liked it. the production design was out of control good. pacing and editing seemed a bit off but leo and brad, especially brad (hubba hubba) just tore right through that. margo had maybe 5 lines but she owned every scene by glowing perfection beauty and her superb physicality. last scene was just a tad too cartoonish for me but im nitpicking. this one stayed with me and its a movie i didnt want to leave. 4.5/5
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

if you put reservoir dogs third it would have been an epic fail...5th makes it arguably the worst list ever

its at worst 1a

MDS

i considered putting it lower.

pulp and basterds are his 2 best and everything else is fighting for scraps
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

My contrarian take is IB/RD/Pulp is the order of the first three.   I love all three, but Basterds is one of my favorite movies of all time.  I rewatched all three in the last month.  Pulp is clearly the most important and probably the "best" but I enjoy Basterds the most.

Not a big Kill Bill fan.  Once Upon a Time is 4th for me.

Rome

I'm a big RD fan but Pulp Fiction is his best movie. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on August 12, 2019, 08:50:48 PM
I'm a big RD fan but Pulp Fiction is his best movie.

this is completely fair...ultimately dogs is probably my favorite but i go back n forth...there isnt a close third

to this day its just astonishing that those were his first two movies...will never happen again

ice grillin you

the new little women trailer is so good

MDS

the farewell - shorter and a lot funnier than i was anticipating. aquawfina and the grandmother were exceptional. movie starts in ny then too quickly gets to china. there were a couple of over directed portions late in the film that reminded me of michael mann at his most look at me im michael mann im the director its me. but other than that a wonderful film that was small but deep and full of heart and about a culture that you probably dont know a ton about. im not feeling oscar buzz here but itll be in the convo. 3.5/5

PhillyPhreak54