"Dimebag" Darryl killed on stage

Started by Syracuse, December 09, 2004, 08:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

Drunkmasterflex

I just saw it on the news tonight, what a huge loss!  Pissed over Pantera breaking up WTF? MURP as soon as I heard it I thought of all of our road trips and how they were not complete until we listened to Pantera LIVE.  That is perhaps the best metal album ever IMO.  I will make sure when I go out tomorrow I will take a shot of Cuervo and Jager in rememberence.  RIP Dimebag :'(
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ILLEAGLE

I saw this on the news tonight and I'm a bit devastated. Darrell influenced me a lot.

I heard about it on ABC "world news tonight" and as if finding this out wasn't bad enough, the way the story was presented just pissed me off. Peter Jennings kept saying "the violent world of heavy metal". As if this sort of thing is commonplace because it's "heavy metal". It's very similar to the feeling I get when I hear someone say "well, you know how those Eagles fans are". Aggressive music is sacred to me. It helps me and innumerable others lose our minds. It helps me blow off steam and stay centered when disappointment, pain, and just life in general are getting to me. It does NOT inspire me to harm others. It's only when I hear Blink 182 or garbage like that that I get violent urges. And ABC referred to the "Boston Beatdown" video (a film in which I know several people, all of whom are good people...) as if anyone who goes to a metal or hardcore show is nothing more than a neanderthal lunkhead, hellbent on maiming anything that moves. There is an entire culture that goes along with it. ABC pidgeon-holed the whole movement like we are all "baaaad people". They used this tragedy to take a dig at something that means a great deal to many people. I think that if Darrell's family saw that piece, it would make their already unbearable pain even worse.
"Focus. The only means to see me back to life's unending swirl. A reversal of passing away, as the world of dead, as away is now my origin..."   ---Meshuggah

MURP

Dillen

General_Failure

I'm just sayin' some people love their religion, and some people love their religion.

Susquehanna Birder

The thing is...I'm far from that. Really far. I'm not sure where the idea came from.

Purple_Hayz

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on December 10, 2004, 08:28:55 PM
The thing is...I'm far from that. Really far. I'm not sure where the idea came from.
Stereotyping perhaps?  Just a thought. ;)

I don't want anybody else
When I think about you I cut myself

Susquehanna Birder

Me stereotyping, or me being stereotyped?

Purple_Hayz

I don't want anybody else
When I think about you I cut myself

Diomedes

link
Gene Simmons told Rita Cosby on Fox News' "The Big Story Weekend Edition with Rita Cosby" that Dimebag's family has decided to bury him in a Kiss branded coffin.

here is the "edited for clarity" transcript (isn't that an oxymoron?) from Fox News' web site, corroborating the story:  link
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Diomedes

I'm not usually one to trumpet cops as heros, but I think this one deserves the honor.  He went into that club knowing only generally what was up, with no backup, and ended it.

Kick ass.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"