Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I don't agree with that.  Downey is a really good actor and he's perfect as Tony Stark.  Mark Ruffalo is another example.  Sir Ian McKellan is probably the best example...

General_Failure

Comic book movies are only as good as their directors. Thor 1 was forgettable, 2 was terrible, 3 was amazing.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

with the exception of spotlight for ruffalo both downey and ruffalos careers have been garbage since they became super heroes

aand speaking of the hulk it basically made ed nortons career obsolete as well 

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

The terrible Sherlock Holmes movies didn't help Downey any.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

They helped his bank account.  They were popcorn movies anyway. 

MDS

mollys game - jessica cheststains boobs are really nice. great script from sorkin but his directing was...i mean it was his first time. the scene where she gets beats up by this mobster was cringe. fun movie but im not exactly sure shes the sympathetic figure the movie made her out to be. 2.5/5

free solo - its a tad slow getting there but the climb itself is one of the most remarkable things ive ever seen on film. just farging incredible to watch this dude go up a giant boulder without anything protecting him. hes clinically insane and the doc showed you that. the first half is whatever, the 2nd half is a breathtaking piece of filmmaking. 3.5/5

shoplifters - SEE THIS NOW ITS ON HULU. this is a japanese movie that got nominated for an oscar and was a film festival darling. its about a group of people that are a family even though there is no blood relations. they live in squalor, steal and con to get by. but they do it together. its about what it means to be together and to be connected. you enter into a world you know nothing of and come out 2 hours later deeply caring for these people. i wont say anything else. the less you know the better. cant recommend this enough. 5/5

creed 2 - zzzzzzzzz. just boring and pointless. maybe 10 minutes of the movie was in philly. in case anyone wants to visit rocky he now lives at 2504 federal st, a cool 3 blocks from my house. stop making these movies. 1/5
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Netflix pieces

The Dirt - thought it was better than Bohemian Rhapsody. The production value wasn't as good but the story was a hell of a lot more interesting. Rhapsody was really the story about Freddie Mercury, The Dirt was about the entire band. Still a great watch even if you're not a fan of their music.

Triple Frontier - worth the 2 hours spent watching.

Love, Death and Robots is great. Episodes, animation and stories are individually unique. 

ice grillin you

us - really hard to talk about this movie without revealing spoilers so ill just say it is a very well done allegory about class difference in america that has some logic gaps and at times is a little too explanatory in its message...has a lot of really cool homages and shout outs to the 80's...prefacing this with the fact that i didnt quite like get out as much as almost everyone else but i thought this was a pubic hair below that movie

7/10
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 02, 2019, 07:22:32 AM
us - really hard to talk about this movie without revealing spoilers so ill just say it is a very well done allegory about class difference in america that has some logic gaps and at times is a little too explanatory in its message...has a lot of really cool homages and shout outs to the 80's...prefacing this with the fact that i didnt quite like get out as much as almost everyone else but i thought this was a pubic hair below that movie

7/10

agreed

I didn't care for the last 15min so but overall it was good

SD

Highwaymen on Netflix wasn't half bad

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I liked that as well.

Woody and Costner were perfect for the roles.

smeags

Quote from: AO1 on April 02, 2019, 05:14:42 PM
Highwaymen on Netflix wasn't half bad

just watched this myself. I liked it. also found out a couple pieces of info about the story I didn't know before. mainoly, that bonnie & clyde weren't killed by "gmen", but rather two former texas rangers. also, how many people went to both funerals as fans of them.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Munson

The knew Star Wars trailer fargs.

Love the laugh at the end :yay
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

love, simon - shot for shot remake of your average high school coming of age love story except the kid is gay. i mean we need this so i will go easy but theres nothing special about this movie. frankly there are 1000s of gay teen stories you can tell other than a child of white privlige coming to terms with his sexuality amid supportive friends and family. and let me clear this is the whitest family i ever seen depicted in movies. 2.5/5 but you really should show this to all teenagers specifically ones who might not be exposed to different cultures.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: Munson on April 12, 2019, 07:47:00 PM
The knew Star Wars trailer fargs.

Love the laugh at the end :yay

The trailer was decent. Movie can't be any worse than TLJ. Hate the name