Doug Pederson, Philadelphia Eagles Legend

Started by MDS, January 14, 2016, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 27, 2018, 01:11:57 PM
how the farg did that guy win a superbowl....and you cant even use wentz as an excuse

Rope a dope

But on the real, quarter of the way through last season I stopped questioning his coaching, he obviously had a grasp on motivating players. He utilizes different formations in the spread so defenses are kept off guard. He's probably the best coach in the league at in game adjustments on offense. He gives the defenses different looks keeping them off guard. He modified the offense to fit Foles strengths. The RPO twist was a stroke of genius.

ice grillin you

i dont think hes going to fall on his face or anything and hes light years better than i ever thought hed be but i am interested to see how he handles the staff turnover

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

He's got a 14-inch, coke-bottle thick cock in his pants when it comes to coaching. Nothing scares him.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

Quote from: hbionic on March 27, 2018, 02:58:28 PM
He's got a 14-inch, coke-bottle thick cock in his pants when it comes to coaching. Nothing scares him.

He is brazen with his calls

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 27, 2018, 02:02:29 PM
i dont think hes going to fall on his face or anything and hes light years better than i ever thought hed be but i am interested to see how he handles the staff turnover

Everyone...fans...media...coaches...underestimated him. Wentz going down was somewhat a blessing in disguise. The D wasn't playing well when Wentz went down. Starting with the second half of the Raiders game the light bulb came on and they realized they couldn't rely on the offense anymore to bail them out. Everyone in the world who watched Foles those first few games were thinking now that Wentz is done so are the Eagles. Nobody took the guy seriously. The Falcons/Vikings thought they had an easy win. They were huge underdogs the entire playoffs. My concern isn't so much with staff turnover as it is the league isn't going to view him as a doofus anymore because he's proven he's a good coach.

Rome

I don't care if he never wins another game.  His 2017 season will go down in history for all Philly fans.  He's a farging football god as far as I'm concerned. 

hbionic

It would be so awesome if he just never punted the rest of the season just to say, 'farg it'... and just really farg with teams.

Worst case, he doesn't win any games and we get next year's #1 pick and we'd all have fun polishing our championship crowns/belts all years as we watch a fun season.

General_Failure

He's the first coach they've had since Vermeil that's capable of learning from his mistakes. Also, he won a fargin' Super Bowl with a backup quarterback. These are things no one in the world expected.

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

If Doug requested it, I think we should all avail ourselves to have his babies.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 27, 2018, 01:11:57 PM
how the farg did that guy win a superbowl....and you cant even use wentz as an excuse

He's a great head coach, won the Superbowl in his second year, with a second string qb. He's everything most people thought he wasn't and then some. You put too much emphasis on the look test.

Tomahawk

Quote from: General_Failure on March 27, 2018, 07:48:49 PM
He's the firtst coach they've had since Vermeil that's capable of learning from his mistakes.

As much as I hated Pederson, wanting him fired after three games into his tenure, this is what endeared me to him the most. It''ts also a major factor as to why the Eagles didn't miss a beat when hall of famers like Peters and Wentz were lost for the season.

hbionic

Quote from: Diomedes on March 27, 2018, 08:26:58 PM
Our wives you mean.

His accomplishments deserve for us men to find a way.

Don Ho

Listening to that fargwad Kraft belly aching about how he still hasn't gotten over the Super Bowl with his "the way we lost" spin makes this even sweeter.  Sproles goes down, Hicks goes down, Peters goes down, Wentz goes down and guys like Clement, Vaitai, Foles step right in and next thing you know parade down Broad St.  Truly remarkable.  Pederson and his staff did such a great job.  I brought this up before but I'll never forget how Vermeil had the birds wound up so tight before SB XV as he basically ran practice like training camp  during the two week layoff, you could tell they were beaten and done during introductions.  They looked scared, overwhelmed and exhausted.  Raiders were out all night every night and said 'hey, we're in New Orleans!  Let's party!"  You just had a feeling going into SB XLVII Doug & Co. had these guys ready. 

Oh and farg you Bob Kraft!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagaholic

I watched  a youtube cut up of the SB, and talking about Pederson the narrator put it well - "Don't be fooled by his folksy talk and easy smile, he goes for the jugular."  And yeah Don, I remember that intro to the '80 season SB more than anything else. Raiders looked like badasses and the Eagles looked scared. Amazing since they played a couple of months before and the Eagles won, sacking Plunkett like 8 times.

Rome

Quote from: Tomahawk on March 27, 2018, 09:55:12 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on March 27, 2018, 07:48:49 PM
He's the firtst coach they've had since Vermeil that's capable of learning from his mistakes.

As much as I hated Pederson, wanting him fired after three games into his tenure, this is what endeared me to him the most. It''ts also a major factor as to why the Eagles didn't miss a beat when hall of famers like Peters and Wentz were lost for the season.

Weren't they 3-0 after his first three games?

Lol.