Doug Pederson, Philadelphia Eagles Legend

Started by MDS, January 14, 2016, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 25, 2018, 06:57:12 PM
He's COY, right?

If it's based on the season, you have to give it to McVay (turning an offense from #32 to #1) or Zimmer (doing what he did with a backup QB and RB the whole year). If you include the postseason, Pederson has a stronger case. He had the MVP playing QB for most of the season, which is like coaching on easy mode.

Zanshin

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 25, 2018, 10:49:30 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on January 25, 2018, 06:57:12 PM
He's COY, right?

If it's based on the season, you have to give it to McVay (turning an offense from #32 to #1) or Zimmer (doing what he did with a backup QB and RB the whole year). If you include the postseason, Pederson has a stronger case. He had the MVP playing QB for most of the season, which is like coaching on easy mode.

I generally agree with you; however, one could make the case that coaching put the young QB in a better position to look like an MVP.

ice grillin you

this might be my biggest mea culpa ever....although i still wanna see him after a staff overhaul....because they appear to be loaded with really good coaches in pretty much every unit on the team

but up until now hes proven to be a fantastic play designer and play caller.....in what i guess is an homage to the andy coaching tree he makes some pretty horrendous time out decisions clock management stuff but wentz can over come that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

i've been screaming "we scored on a flea flicker" for days.

Diomedes

silly homo stultus, that's not what mea culpa means
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

QB Eagles

Quote from: Zanshin on January 26, 2018, 07:51:17 AMI generally agree with you; however, one could make the case that coaching put the young QB in a better position to look like an MVP.

Don't get me wrong, he did a great job with Wentz this season. I really like the aggressive playcalling and all the different looks he's trotted out over this season. He's improved massively over his rookie coaching year. It's just an unusual year because you had those two other coaches accomplishing incredible things too. And I probably shouldn't leave out Marrone, who got to the AFC championship with Blake Bortles playing as his starter all year. Everything that team did was built around minimizing the impact of their bad QB. That can't be easy.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on January 26, 2018, 09:11:07 AM
silly homo stultus, that's not what mea culpa means

yeah you are flat out wrong...you are by no means lennie small level dumb like smeags but you also arent the intellectual genius you think or pretend you are either....also even if i was wrong and i am often i wouldnt care so pump the brakes on trying bump your IQ by correcting stupid things on the internet...its not a great look

Diomedes

worse look is tring to sound smart using the wrong latin

just trying to save you from yourself fam
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

nobody should have to give a mea culpa or an apology on doug

he was the eagles 100th choice of head coach...he got 1 interview and only because of andy....by all accounts he seemed functionally retarded or in the least super slow....his decision making at points last year was atrocious

but yes his play calling and design is next level. the players love him. the locker room is the best ive ever seen it. there was no way to predict that doug pederson would be a good nfl coach.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 26, 2018, 10:19:32 AM
nobody should have to give a mea culpa or an apology on doug

he was the eagles 100th choice of head coach...he got 1 interview and only because of andy....by all accounts he seemed functionally retarded or in the least super slow....his decision making at points last year was atrocious

but yes his play calling and design is next level. the players love him. the locker room is the best ive ever seen it. there was no way to predict that doug pederson would be a good nfl coach.

well one thing is not thinking hed win the superbowl in year two but another is thinking he would fail in spectacular fashion....wrong is wrong

MDS

sure but every single person on the planet is wrong...even the homerest among us didnt like the hire. literally.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 14, 2016, 05:37:40 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

amazing job by Jeffrey and Howie

And by amazing I mean farged up

some might have been willing to give him "a shot" but that doesnt mean anything
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

nobody was excited with the hiring, and there was no indication that anyone should have been.  that being said, nothing but compliments this year for how doug has performed.

smeags

in 9days doug will hopefully be serving the biggest bowl of crow ever, and nobody will complain about eating it.

at least not until the eagles start off 3-5 next season.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

QB Eagles

McNabb trashed the hire. That should have tipped us off.