Doug Pederson, Philadelphia Eagles Legend

Started by MDS, January 14, 2016, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

while i wouldnt trust doug game management wise theres no doubt he can game plan with anyone

hes still a doofus when he speaks but i can live with that
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

BB isn't exactly Cicero. How Doug speaks is the least of what I worry about with him. I think we can throw out the "podium test".

While I'm definitely not on the Doug hype train yet, I don't see any reason to be critical while he keeps improving. He's done well beyond expectations this season. If/when it comes crashing down there will be plenty of time to rip into him.

Sgt PSN

Other than the Giants game this year, I really can't think of any games where he was really questionable with his play calling.  Maybe a few dumb calls against the Chiefs, but overall his game plans have been pretty effective and his situational play calling has been good as well. 

Is he a great coach?  Time will tell, but I'm starting to feel comfortable saying that he belongs in the NFL.

smeags

doug has shown he can coach at this level. we all shall see how this goes. one thing, these guys play for him. they have bought in.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Quote from: AO1 on November 06, 2017, 09:55:29 AM
Quote from: Rome on November 06, 2017, 09:33:44 AM

They aren't drastically different than last year's team, yet look at the results. 

Yes they are. They had a make shift O line, no running game, and their starting wideouts were DGB and Agholor who was a disaster.

Arguably their best WR this year couldn't figure out where to line up on the field last year.  They're missing their best LB, OT, CB & RB.  How is that not demonstrably similar to the chaos that was the 2016 Eagles?

But really who gives a shtein?  They're 8-1 and this guy has been a totally unexpected surprise.

I'll take it.   In fact when is his contract extension presser scheduled because you know that's coming. 

MDS

ehhhh lets calm down there. i wouldnt given doug an extension until midway through next season so long as this thing keeps up. hes on a 5 year deal. theres no rush.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

They'll do his extension during the parade. Literally. They'll have a float with Doug signing his extension and taking questions from the media all the way down Broad St

MDS

Rome

Just to be clear... I'm not saying he's earned it yet.  But Jeffrey loves to lock him up some talent early in their deals, so...

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 06, 2017, 10:06:43 AM
hes awful but has a franchise qb and the best DC in the league as well as an overall good staff....but hey brian billick and barry switzer won chips so why cant this buffoon

key will be how does he handle the inevitable turnover in staff

You think Doug is awful but Buddy was the best coach the Eagles ever had. Buddy never won a single playoff game even though he had the best defense in the league and a MVP quarterback. Think about that. He might as well been coaching Randall using a "Offense for Dummies" book. He never had another head coaching job and everywhere he went he was more a distraction than an asset. Yeah he was a great motivator and the players loved him but he couldn't head coach a Pop Warner team. Pederson has turned this team completely around in two years after Chip Kelley dismantled it. Not just turned it around, he has what is arguably the best team in the NFL. He brought in the perfect staff to develop Wentz. Yeah I'm a UM guy and have always liked Reich. When he was with San Diego Rivers had three straight 4g passing seasons. Don't know much about Filippo, but everyone says good things about what he did with McCown in Cleveland.

So other than Pederson sounding like he just fell off the turnip truck, and a very few questionable moves early in the season, what is your problem with him? Normally I'd say he's too white for you, but I've seen your comments about Wentz, and there ain't nobody anymore white or Christian than he is, so I can't say that. (Your comments about Wentz blew my mind, by the way. Never would have guessed that coming from you, even if Wentz does look like the second coming of Johnny Unitas.) So give me something "concrete". Tell me, how is it you think he's "awful"?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: shorebird on November 21, 2017, 11:34:46 AM
He never had another head coaching job and everywhere he went he was more a distraction than an asset.

Um.  Are you shore about that? 

MDS

its pretty easy to forget about buddy's stint with the cardinals...im sure he did too even before the dementia

Sgt PSN

I wonder if there's a young generation of Eagles fans right now who, in like 30 years, are going to hold Doug Pederson in the same regard as IGY holds Buddy. 

MDS

doug will have at least a playoff win so

but hey remember when buddy trash talked jimmy johnson that was better than winning

smeags

yeah but buddy spoke out against the man (nfl ownsership) and their slave network.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it