Doug Pederson, Philadelphia Eagles Legend

Started by MDS, January 14, 2016, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

so "IF" doug gets the boot, who do you want in his place?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Rome

McDaniels would be my actual pick.  I'd love McDermott but he's not coming to Philly after getting the back of Howie's hand. 

ice grillin you

mcdermott would be dumb anyway because hes a defensive guy....they need a sharp offensive minded head coach to grow wentz
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

That's what QB coaches are for.  And who says McDermott couldn't hire a great OC?

But anyway I said McKid for a reason.  He'd be ideal. 

smeags

yeah, I think mcdaniels would be the right choice. maybe Bradley as the DC ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

if you want a young up and coming oc, the two names at the top of the list are mcdaniels and kyle shanahan

otherwise:
harold goodwin (cards)
darrell bevvell (seahawks)
jim bob cooter (lions)
todd monken (bucs)
sean mcvay (wash)

then theres giving a guy like scott lenahan a 2nd crack or trading for sean payton. doug lookin safe.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

Rome

Sgt PSN

Pederson is getting 2 years minimum, maybe even 3. 

He's a dope, but he also has little talent to work with. I can't say that this team would be significantly better with a different HC right now. 

AshishPatel81

Maybe, but they lost 6 games this year by one score, and of those 6, 5 of them were by less than a TD and 2 of them by a single point.

If the Eagles have a better coaching staff, even if that led to the Eagles winning 3 of those 6 games, they have 8 wins and are right in the mix for a wildcard spot.

General_Failure

Quote from: Rome on December 19, 2016, 11:50:00 AM
McDaniels would be my actual pick.  I'd love McDermott but he's not coming to Philly after getting the back of Howie's hand. 

Josh McDaniels? Josh "Who needs Jay Cutler, we can draft Tim Tebow" McDaniels?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: AshishPatel81 on December 19, 2016, 09:55:29 PM
Maybe, but they lost 6 games this year by one score, and of those 6, 5 of them were by less than a TD and 2 of them by a single point.

If the Eagles have a better coaching staff, even if that led to the Eagles winning 3 of those 6 games, they have 8 wins and are right in the mix for a wildcard spot.

That's assuming that a different HC/coaching staff would have them in the exact same position during all of those games.  It's ridiculous to try and figure out how a different HC would do in those very specific scenarios when chances are those exact scenarios would never present themselves if another person was calling the shots.  The games would have played out completely different from the opening kick.....maybe for the better, maybe for the worse.  Who knows? 

But what it really comes down to is you don't fire a HC after 1 season unless it was a catastrophic disaster.  Especially when your QB is tied to the HC like Wentz and Pederson are.  Firing Pederson starts setting Wentz up for a Sam Bradford situation where he's getting a different OC every year for the first few years.  Unless the 2nd coming of Bill Walsh makes himself available to the Eagles, it just doesn't make sense to fire Pederson after 1 year.  You gotta give any HC a minimum of 2 years (3 is ideal, imo) to implement his system and get the players he wants before you can really evaluate his ability. 

ice grillin you

normally id agree but pederson is straight up unqualified...his mistakes are catastrophic...they arent mistakes where you can nitpick on play calls or the pass run ratio...altho he does make those as well he makes many more mistakes that pop warner coaches wouldnt make....hes a travesty and needs to go for a real nfl head coach...if this was wentz fifth coach in seven years the continuity argument might fly but wentz wasnt even supposed to play this year...getting him a real coach to grow up with would be a huge net positive not a negative

shtein chip made the playoffs his rookie year and by the end of year two even most of his defenders could tell he was not an nfl head coach....pederson has never had a real coaching position in his life and couldnt form sentences at his intro presser which led into some of the most inexplicable decisions/explanations ive ever seen at any level this year

all that being said pederson is not going anywhere....the birds are going to have to put up with his shtein for at least another season or two and any games they win will be in spite of him....then move forward into wentz prime with a real coach
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Some of his mistakes are 100% on him.  Others I gotta at least spread the blame equally to the players.

Take Agholor's 4th and 2 jet sweep for example.  That play call wasn't a bad call at all.  The hole was there for him to cut upfield and make the first, but he kept going to the outside.  And I'm pretty sure he still could have made it if he wasn't a total moron.  Obviously you can blame Pederson for relying on Agholor with such a critical play, but it's not like he's got a deep stable of players to use in that situation either. 

I'm not really trying to defend the guy.  It's not like I think he's ever going to be a great HC, I just think that unless you want to risk being the Rams or the Browns you gotta give him 2 or 3 years.  I think he's probably along the lines of a Jason Garrett, who was like a career .500 coach before this season and I think most fans wanted to run him out of Dallas.  But now the guy has a couple of studs and suddenly he's COTY material.  Amazing how talent can make an average coach look really good.