Has anyone else noticed

Started by rjs246, August 08, 2005, 03:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

you wonder why a lot of people dont read King... maybe because his Eagles report comes from Freddie Mitchell?  :-D

Quote2. I think the Eagles, whatever they're saying, have to be concerned at the prospect of playing three wideouts named Lewis, McMullen and Brown. Whatever happens to Terrell Owens -- contractually or with his groin -- the depth at receiver is going to sorely tested, as is the ability to make people fear the offense. I'm not saying Todd Pinkston (out for the year with a torn Achilles) is at all special, nor Freddie Mitchell (gone to Kansas City via low-cost free-agency), but the Eagles have lost their second and third/fourth receivers for the year, and as Mitchell told me over the weekend: "Last year, that offense would walk on the field and know they were going to beat the other team. This year, they've got to have some questions in their mind with all the new guys, and not knowing if they're going to have Brian Westbrook." I'm sure Westbrook will be in by opening day, and Owens will likely

and then more awesome Eagles news from King:

Quote6. I think Donovan McNabb really dislikes Owens. I think it borders on hate. McNabb is a team leader in a team sport. Owens is a boxer, a loner, in a team sport. I am not an I-told-you-so guy, but I must say that 52 weeks ago, in Eagles camp, I told more than one coach and player: "The honeymoon is wonderful now, and he may really have changed. But just wait till there's some adversity. Then judge Terrell Owens." I never thought you'd be able to define "adversity" as "unhappiness at making $21 million for the first three years of a contract."

if that isnt a waste of time to read I dont know what is.  (with exception of my posts of course, ;)  )

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 09, 2005, 07:50:31 AM
:-o Freddie talking again....to Peter King

QuoteI think the Eagles, whatever they're saying, have to be concerned at the prospect of playing three wideouts named Lewis, McMullen and Brown. Whatever happens to Terrell Owens -- contractually or with his groin -- the depth at receiver is going to sorely tested, as is the ability to make people fear the offense. I'm not saying Todd Pinkston (out for the year with a torn Achilles) is at all special, nor Freddie Mitchell (gone to Kansas City via low-cost free-agency), but the Eagles have lost their second and third/fourth receivers for the year, and as Mitchell told me over the weekend: "Last year, that offense would walk on the field and know they were going to beat the other team. This year, they've got to have some questions in their mind with all the new guys, and not knowing if they're going to have Brian Westbrook." I'm sure Westbrook will be in by opening day, and Owens will likely be there too. But after that, they'll be counting on quite a few very regular guys.
:-o

:P
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

QB Eagles

Not sure if this has been mentioned here, but Dr. Douche has once again weighed in on HoF chances for current players.

For "Sure Things", he has
QuoteBrian Dawkins -- Definitely the best free safety for half a dozen years.

Under "Long Shots":
QuoteDonovan McNabb -- Ooh, this is a tough one. Had a better chance before last year. Super Bowl hurt him. The disappearance of the two-minute offense wasn't really his fault, but I think it'll always haunt him.

I don't think last year hurt McNabb; it was his best season! The Super Bowl may have hurt him, but not as much as his season numbers helped him. However, unless he keeps this performance up for another decade, I think he'll need some rings before he's Hall-worthy.

PhillyGirl

So what Super Bowls "hurt" Dan Marino?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 09, 2005, 10:43:59 AM

If McNabb's career turns out like Marino's: lasting 16 years, 6 seasons over 4000 yards, 1 season over 5000, 420 TDs (including 48 in one season), 9 Pro Bowls, etc -- he won't need any rings.

mussa

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 09, 2005, 10:48:34 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 09, 2005, 10:43:59 AM

If McNabb's career turns out like Marino's: lasting 16 years, 6 seasons over 4000 yards, 1 season over 5000, 420 TDs (including 48 in one season), 9 Pro Bowls, etc -- he won't need any rings.

your missing his Isotoner endorsement...duh
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyGirl

Dawkins looks like he's about to Dawkplex King in this pic:

PhillyPhreak54

Peter King is a jitbag

There's a pic of him on his camp reports article sitting in Big Red's suite with his leg over the arm of the chair and then he goes onto say that TO is trouble and won't play 16 games.

Right on, Petey. He won't play 16...because we'll have the division and bye locked up by week 14 again.

T_Section224

dawk is one mean looking mother farger.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum