Rest of Baseball - For ALL TIME!

Started by Geowhizzer, March 30, 2018, 05:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Which is why they should be sent packing to Montreal

MDS

portland and charlotte probably get the next 2 franchises whether tampa (or oakland) move or its expansion. monterrey is well ahead of montreal.

montreal is a tiny market with limited english speaking and no stadium. farg jose vidro and michael barrett.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Montreal would eat baseball up if they got it back.

Portland too. Not sure about Charlotte because of the Braves being so close.

MDS

cooperstown would eat up baseball too but thats not how they determine where franchises go

if montreal wants a team they need to have a stadium either built or all but built and then they need to wait for a french canadian miracle. farg mike mordecai with a rusty steak knife.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I agree they need a stadium. I think they'd get one built if they were getting a team back.

But baseball needs to relocate Miami and Tampa. Both of them suck. No expansion. Don't water the talent pool down by expanding.

Take Tampa and Miami and send them to Portland, San Antonio, Charlotte, Montreal, Nashville or whatever

MDS

tampa looks gone when their lease is up. its like 5 years or something. the owner is basically running out the clock and not even trying to get a new one built. similar to kroenke in st louis. where they go i dont know.

portland is first on the list but tampa going there would require some serious realignment. so charlotte or nashville make more sense.

miami is always going to be a waste of space but its a top 10 market with a welfare stadium. you dont bail on that.

QB Eagles

I think it'll be a long while before Portland has a stadium ready.

The site they are looking at now (not far from where I live) has enormous transportation issues. It's an area without a highway, choked off from the population centers by a minimum of three nasty traffic bottlenecks, and there's no rail infrastructure within a couple miles. Realistically it would take most of the people with money in the metro area over 2 hours to get to any game starting between 3 and 7:30 on a weekday unless significant new road capacity is added (something the city is adamantly opposed to doing).

There's also a big question about where the money will come from. There's no billionaire attached to this deal and I don't think public money is happening.

PhillyPhreak54

Watching the Twins game and 44.5% of their hits are for extra bases

They're fun to watch. Cobbled together a nice squad. Must be nice to get players who actually hit and pitch well.

Rome

Miami isn't going anywhere.   The place in St Pete is a farging shteinhole but it wouldn't matter if it were on the beach... it still wouldn't sell.   Too much to do there and the fans are all from somewhere else.  That's a recipe for failure no matter where you are. 

PhillyPhreak54

SD

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

who needs kimbrel when you have nico

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer