Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

ha, that field yesterday for the PSU game was atrocious.  Nice win by Joe Pa
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phillymic2000

Great drive at the end of the game  :yay

Drunkmasterflex

Bowman declared for the draft today.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

That means Lattimore is definitely not coming there, not like he was going to anyway. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

i dont see how royster even gets drafted much less as high as lot of people said he would have went

that guy is the classic college only running back....not a pro

rjs246

He will lacrosse all over your face, smartguy.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2010, 04:48:44 PM
i dont see how royster even gets drafted much less as high as lot of people said he would have went

that guy is the classic college only running back....not a pro

Yeah I agree I just don't see it.  He doesn't really do anyone thing that stands out. 

ice grillin you

five star baltimore wr adrian coxson gone from penn states recruiting class

Drunkmasterflex

I haven't seen anywhere he was a rated a 5 star.  From what I have read they basically didn't want him anymore.  Not sure whether is was grades or discipline reasons, both were being reported. 

ice grillin you

Drunkmasterflex

I also read that they may have rescinded their offer because they weren't sure that he really was committed to PSU. 

BigEd76

They soured on him months ago

Lattimore is the guy most PSU fans are waiting for, and there's still a chance he'll end up there.  Supposedly the LB recruits were all over him last week in San Antonio, and he'll announce his decision on Feb 2

Seabiscuit36

Someone posted this on BWI with regards to the Coxson situation and I actually believe it. If this is the case, then good riddance.

"Okay here's the deal. I very rarely have any inside info regarding PSU football, but I am close with two guys that came out of my area in the last 4 years, one recruit and one senior on the team, and I happened to bump into one of them today and asked them about this situation.The only reason I am posting anything is because one of the posters in this thread got very close to guessing what occured in this situation.

What I was told was when Coxson was wavering from his PSU commitment he engaged in some behavior that could have been very detrimental to the program and their recruiting effort this year. Simultaneously he was telling everyone that was listening that he was definitely going to PSU and he was actually trying to convince an uncommited recruit to attend PSU. This raised some issues with the staff regarding Adrian's character and really pissed off the big guy. The guy on the staff who had the best relationship with Coxson tried to salvage the situation, but he received confirmation from one of the incoming recruits that AC had tried to sway him away from his commitment and to a school coached by a snake-oil salesman with heart issues.

The staff never formally rescinded his scholarship offer, but the member of the staff who supported him the most confronted AC with this information and was not satisfied with AC's response. This combined with the kid's apparent obsession with early playing time and the big guy's reservations led the staff to tell AC "thanks but no thanks." That is all I have. TIFWIW."

From another board
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

lol

penn state has more excuses than donovan fans