Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

unconfirmed but supposedly it has to do with weed....

For at least two hours Tuesday night into this morning, Penn State Police investigated a Nittany Apartments residence that, according to an online Penn State directory, is inhabited by multiple football players.

Penn State Police Sgt. Brian Bittner said police were investigating "an incident." He would not comment further.

Police entered apartment 5204 late last night for unknown reasons. According to the directory, defensive end Maurice Evans, cornerback A.J. Wallace and defensive tackle Abe Koroma live in apartment 5204.

It was not immediately clear if any other people live in the apartment.

At least four Penn State Police vehicles were at the scene -- a Special Response Unit, two cruisers and an SUV.

State College Police said Tuesday night they did not know anything about the incident.

Various people milled about the scene around 11 p.m., though the crowd had thinned to about five or six by 1 a.m. this morning.

Many people outside declined comment.

University spokesman Bill Mahon said he did not know anything about the incident when reached by phone late Tuesday night.

Neither Sports Information Director Jeff Nelson nor Football Communications and Branding Director Guido D'Elia could be immediately reached for comment late Tuesday night.

At one point, police took photos inside apartment 5204.

At 1 a.m., police were still inside the apartment. By1:15 a.m., the Special Response Unit had left.

Police would not say what time they initially entered the apartment.

At about 11:45 p.m. Tuesday, a woman taped notebook paper over apartment 5204's number. The curtains were also closed in apartment 5204.

Police were seen carrying a cardboard box with a bag or envelope inside. Police took the box inside apartment 5204.

At about 1:30 a.m. today, four police officers left the apartment, one carrying two paper bags and another carrying a cardboard box.

At least one member of Residence Life was inside the apartment. At about 1:30 a.m., he left with another man, the two of them carrying a speaker, a speaker stand and two duffel bags. They then re-entered the apartment and carried out two more bags and two hard cases.

The Residence Life official declined to comment.

Evans was named a preseason All-American for Penn State and started last week against Coastal Carolina. He recorded two tackles in that game.

Koroma -- another defensive starter -- also had two tackles, while Wallace recorded two tackles playing cornerback and also returned a kickoff for 35 yards last week.

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

How can you not love this team?

Cerevant

Quote from: MDS on September 02, 2008, 09:32:07 PM
theres a ~1% chance Joe Pa knows they have a game on Saturday.

While in contrast, Temple thinks they have a game Saturday, but it is really just a basketball scrimmage.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

SunMo

got this from another board...

QuoteKoroma and Evans had their lockers cleared out because they refused a drug test (they weren't even at the apartment when this all went down last night)

Wallace offered to be tested, and Quarless eventually consented to it. I'm sure their status is pending results of the drug test.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Maurice Evans might be the best player on the team, and Koroma was basically all that was left of a very thin group of DT's.

Yay.

ice grillin you

not taking any blame from the players thru all these messes but it has definitely become a witch hunt up there now

phattymatty

from what i heard, the cops came at 8 because of loud music, cops smelled weed and asked to come in.  they were told no.  came back at 11 with a warrant and found some weed.  now if you can't flush all your shtein and give someone your bowls, bongs, etc., in 3 hours, you deserve to get in trouble.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: phattymatty on September 04, 2008, 08:51:58 AM
from what i heard, the cops came at 8 because of loud music, cops smelled weed and asked to come in.  they were told no.  came back at 11 with a warrant and found some weed.  now if you can't flush all your shtein and give someone your bowls, bongs, etc., in 3 hours, you deserve to get in trouble.

This might not have been mentioned before, but professional athletes are not always intelligent.  I'd imagine it is worse if they are drunk and high.

Drunkmasterflex

according to PennLive.com there will be no action until the investigation is finished and that all players are still scheduled to play.  Daryl Clark got another year of eligibility as well. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on September 04, 2008, 12:13:08 PM
Daryl Clark got another year of eligibility as well. 

Pat Devlin probably wishes he went to Miami by now.

ice grillin you

SunMo

they were probably too busy congratulating themselves on outsmarting the cops by saying "no" when asked if they could come in
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on September 04, 2008, 01:53:28 PM

they were probably too busy congratulating themselves on outsmarting the cops by saying "no" when asked if they could come in

That happened to me once in college.  We were relieved that they went away but assumed they'd be back and we should be ready/gone.

ice grillin you

Penn State defensive tackle Abe Koroma, defensive lineman Maurice Evans and tight end Andrew Quarless will not play Saturday against Oregon State, Joe Paterno said on the Nittany Lion Hotline tonight, adding cornerback Willie Harriott has been removed from the team.

Police said they found on Tuesday a small amount of marijuana at a Nittany Apartments residence, whose most current residents are Quarless, Evans, Koroma and cornerback A.J. Wallace, according to a search warrant. No charges have been filed in the incident. Police have said they are still trying to determine who had possession of the marijuana.

Asked if the three players are being held out because of the Tuesday's incident, Penn State sports information director Jeff Nelson replied, "I'm not aware of any other reason."

Wallace will play this weekend, Paterno said.

"Wallace was really not part of that situation," Paterno said, referencing the Tuesday incident.

Nelson said Harriott was removed for a "violation of team rules."

SD_Eagle5