Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Quote from: SD_Eagle on June 19, 2008, 09:00:37 PM
Comcast, Big Ten Network reach agreement
http://www.collegian.psu.edu

The Big Ten Network will launch Aug. 15 in Pennsylvania on expanded basic cable until spring of 2009, when it is expected the BTN will shift to digital carriage in all markets except Philadelphia. The network will debut in Philadelphia on Aug. 15 on digital packages.

in philly metro area it will be on Channel 257 on 8/15

it showed up yesterday afternoon as expected

MDS

so everyone can see temple beat penn state?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on August 16, 2008, 02:07:21 PM
so everyone can see temple beat penn state?

You won't live that long, Ben-Hur.

BigEd76

PSU opens at #22 on the AP poll (same as the USA Today one)

ice grillin you

Logan-El out at Towson
By Dave Carey
Examiner Staff Writer 8/19/08

TOWSON, MD. – Offensive lineman Antonio Logan-El appears to be taking his show on the road — again. The controversial player from Forestville High School in Prince George's County is no longer part of the football team, Towson coach Gordy Combs confirmed on Monday afternoon.

"He's made a personal decision he is not going to play football anymore and he is going to go to school here," Combs said.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's amazing how even with all the technology and money in football, there are so many crapshoots in college recruiting and the NFL Draft.

ALE was supposed to be the next Shawn And... Well, maybe he is.

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyPhreak54

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 16, 2008, 01:51:07 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on June 19, 2008, 09:00:37 PM
Comcast, Big Ten Network reach agreement
http://www.collegian.psu.edu

The Big Ten Network will launch Aug. 15 in Pennsylvania on expanded basic cable until spring of 2009, when it is expected the BTN will shift to digital carriage in all markets except Philadelphia. The network will debut in Philadelphia on Aug. 15 on digital packages.

in philly metro area it will be on Channel 257 on 8/15

it showed up yesterday afternoon as expected

I have FIOS and have seen a bunch of press releases saying the BTN is available in the Philly area but I can't find it on my channel guide. Do you know if it's available now or will it just become available nearer to game time?

Cerevant

FIOS is Verizon, not Comcast - so the recent news does not apply.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Cerevant on August 27, 2008, 09:45:51 AM
FIOS is Verizon, not Comcast - so the recent news does not apply.

no shtein

Cerevant

Well genius, the press releases are about Comcast getting the rights to BTN.  Why did you think that automatically put it on FIOS?
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

SD_Eagle5

Gee I don't know:
Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 27, 2008, 08:29:32 AM
I have FIOS and have seen a bunch of press releases saying the BTN is available in the Philly area but I can't find it on my channel guide. Do you know if it's available now or will it just become available nearer to game time?

If you go to the BTN site there's a guide that tells you what channel it's going to be on in your area, here's what came up for FIOS:
BIG TEN NETWORK IS COMING SOON!

Great news!  You'll soon be able to tune into Big Ten Network through Verizon.  Please come back later for updated launch dates and channel information specific to your area.

farg Verizon, I should have stuck with comcrap

MDS

not getting to see a couple of psu games you could easily watch at a bar is not a reason to switch to comcast
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.