Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

I didn't say they were a better program historically I said comparible, but whatever.  Wisconsin hasn't been that great over the last 20 years.  15 yes and right now their program is only slightly better than PSUs.  Last time I checked in the last 20 years Wisconsin has never had an undefeated season or been ranked #1 in the last 20 years.

I just don't see how PSU has been off the map for the better part of 20 years try 8.  It is pointless to argue with you, you know everything. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

penn state has had some really good years since their last championship...obviously 94 being the best but they have also been under .500 five times since then...four of them being in the last ten years...great programs are never under .500 much less that many times...hence they have fallen off the map since their last title 20 years ago
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

When the players from your last undefeated team are all retiring from the NFL, you know you've fallen from prominence a bit.

Anyway, Pat Devlin's going to be the shtein.  farg that Pryor kid.  He sucks.  Yeah.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 20, 2008, 08:47:19 AM
When the players from your last undefeated team are all retiring from the NFL, you know you've fallen from prominence a bit.

Anyway, Pat Devlin's going to be the shtein.  farg that Pryor kid.  He sucks.  Yeah.

I don't think anyone would deny the fact they have fallen off, I just don't think it is as bad as some. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Zach Mills years were rough.  Not making a bowl 3 out of 4 years was brutal.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 20, 2008, 10:38:24 AM
The Zach Mills years were rough.  Not making a bowl 3 out of 4 years was brutal.

No doubt, I always felt kind of bad for Mills I thought given the right circumstances he could have been a pretty good QB.  Unfortunately for him their offensive line was brutal and he took a pounding.

PoopyfaceMcGee

SunMo

Paterno's contract situation is getting ugly, which is actually a good sign.  it means the university is done letting him push them around.  it might hurt recruiting for now to just let him finish out the year and walk away, but it would definitely help in the long run.  they should just announce this as his last year and let him get the proper send off he deserves and get a new coach in place for 2009.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20080330_Still_no_deal_for_Penn_State_s_Paterno.html
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Drunkmasterflex

I sure hope so.  They need to bring someone in though from outside the program.  It is time for some new blood up there. 

SD_Eagle5

If Graham Spanier is smart he'll try to work with Paterno and keep him involved with the football team in some capacity. Paterno has way to much support to just tell him they're not bringing him back.

I hope they go hard after Bill Cowher. People would forget about JoePa real fast.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Charges were dropped against Tyrell Sales.  Go team.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

That happens every game.  The drum major also does a forward flip, and it's a big deal whether or not he lands on his feet.

What of it?  Are you going to write another article about it for the metro that isn't even published online?

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.