Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Scroll to the top of the page, igy.  There were rumors of it 4-5 days ago.

ice grillin you

yeah i know...what are you saying...its more chance he did it because it came out four days ago?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

There's a pretty good chance he did it since he basically dropped out of school and moved home as soon as word dropped about something happening. He hasn't even bothered to say anything about being innocent in spite of the fact that this has been known on one level or another for a week.

Plus he's a college athlete. Not as much motivation for a gold-digger to Kobe his ass.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

from what i've heard, it's not rape.  plus, have you heard of a rape suspect being allowed to move away from where it allegedly happened.

the girl that's involved has a history of accusing people of this sort of thing, so that's why it's taken awhile for the whole thing to get sorted out.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Ha! That rules. What the farg is wrong with people. Well I guess I take back my snap judgment, but either way, Scott and his 73 fumbles can sit and spin.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

for the record he left for two days then came back to class....not sure if he moved back home permanently after todays charges or not

Cerevant

Ok, maybe they updated the story, but it clearly says that he was charged with rape, released on bail, and that he wouldn't comment "as he walked out of the courtroom".

These are matters of public record.  Are you arguing about whether or not he is guilty?  If so, I don't see the relevance of where he goes after he gets out on bail (unless he leaves the state).
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Geowhizzer

I remember when the Duke case started, the DA was so certain of his conviction, and the players were convicted in the mass media (particularly ESPN) at the onset.

I don't mean to compare the particulars of this case with Duke, and I have a hard time believing that the DA in State College will be as... blatantly crooked?... as Nifong was, but the system is geared to be a process, not a snap judgment.

Unfortunately, innocent until proven guilty has been degraded in an age of instant news and even faster speculation.  Scott probably isn't a saint, and he may indeed be guilty of rape, but we really need to let the system work that out.

Of course, what fun would a message board, especially CF, be without the snap judgments?!?!?!?  :D

ice grillin you

Quote from: Cerevant on October 13, 2007, 07:50:06 AM
Ok, maybe they updated the story, but it clearly says that he was charged with rape, released on bail, and that he wouldn't comment "as he walked out of the courtroom".

These are matters of public record.  Are you arguing about whether or not he is guilty?  If so, I don't see the relevance of where he goes after he gets out on bail (unless he leaves the state).

he left state college to go home to allentown last weekend after word of the incident started to spread and paterno suspended him....then he came back for classes this week...then the charges yesterday...not sure what hes currently doing or where hes doing it

SD_Eagle5

SunMo

i'll wait to hear from Phatty before i make any rash decisions
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Time for Penn State to show what being a middle of the pack Big Ten team is all about.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Cerevant

Austin Who?

Questions for the PSU gurus out there...
1) Does Derrick Williams have NFL talent?  Will he get a shot in spite of the terrible QB'ing he's had to play with?

2) PSU always seems to have an effective rushing attack, yet PSU running backs haven't been successful in the NFL (LJ not withstanding) - does this make PSU o-line U?

3) Did anyone else catch the comment about Joe Peterno's traffic run-in?  "Then the husband came over and said 'Do you realize that is my wife you are talking to that way?' and Joe said, 'That's your problem'"
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

SD_Eagle5

1. Williams has speed and talent, but I doubt he's anything special at the pro level. He reminds me of Greg Lewis. I'd say he's a late round pick at best. He might get drafted higher because of his punt return ability.

2. I'd say its more because its college football and that Penn State likes to go with a featured back more than it is their line doing anything special. They have had some talented O-lineman through the years but their successful RBs have always been the larger type that can move (Thomas, Ennis, Carter, LJ).

3. From what they were saying that isn't uncharacteristic of JoePa's usual on campus behavior.