Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on September 13, 2007, 09:29:22 AM
not sure i blame comcast on this one...BTN is charging a fortune to carry the network, and you only get to see the shtein games, all the good Penn State games are on network TV
100% true, i just dont like Comcast saying they are doing it to save the consumer.  They dont give a shtein about consumers unless they arent shifting over to Fios
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on September 13, 2007, 09:29:22 AM
not sure i blame comcast on this one...BTN is charging a fortune to carry the network, and you only get to see the shtein games, all the good Penn State games are on network TV

They didn't want to pay for the NFLN either - farg them. I'm going with Verizon as soon as my contract is up.

ice grillin you

youre better off not having the big ten network trust me...its about as bad as tv sports gets...if they offered it to me free and there was a way to turn it down i would....its worse than the nfl network if thats possible
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 13, 2007, 09:42:01 AM
youre better off not having the big ten network trust me...its about as bad as tv sports gets...if they offered it to me free and there was a way to turn it down i would....its worse than the nfl network if thats possible

how do you have it?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i dont have it...but ive looked at its programming schedule and it is painful

Seabiscuit36

If your a PSU nut, or OSU nut its nice to watch every game on their schedule, thats the idea. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i am a psu nut and id rather not have the station than be able to see psu buffalo...ill just go to a bar to watch the game

half the programming is like wisconsin purdue womens volleyball

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 13, 2007, 09:48:54 AM
i am a psu nut and id rather not have the station than be able to see psu buffalo...ill just go to a bar to watch the game

you go to the bar to get zesty, come home shave your head, and then go back to teh ar after you piss off the wifey. 

ice grillin you

Cerevant

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 13, 2007, 09:48:54 AM

You've obviously never watched women's volleyball.  Granted, they aren't in bikinis, but they're in some tight shorts.  C'mon - they all bend over waiting for the serve!
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

MDS

directv has it cause its owned by newscorp and bigten network is 49% owned by....newscorp

it essentially comes down to a silly pissing match between the big ten and comcast. outside of a few times a year, big ten network is a vast wasteland of crap. but there are a few games people want to see every now and then, though not big games, those still go to espn/2/abc. so why would comcast pay all this money to put some shteinhole channel they dont own on basic cable so people can watch it for 3 hours a week a few times a year? no sense to do it.

big ten network was a horrible idea. at the least, they should syndicate the games out to local channels (ch 17 and 29 are owned by fox, csn has a relationship with fox sports net) so philly people can watch the penn state games. but that would essentially be a victory for comcast, and the big ten network cant let that happen.

blame the idiots who thought having big ten network would be a good idea. it can work if ALL they games go to big ten network, like michigan-osu and such. but they would lose so much money if that happened, so it never will. no one wants to watch northwestern vs. perdue mens lacrosse. no one. its a horrid idea and will end up being a huge waste of money.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: MDS on September 13, 2007, 06:14:10 PM
directv has it cause its owned by newscorp and bigten network is 49% owned by....newscorp

it essentially comes down to a silly pissing match between the big ten and comcast. outside of a few times a year, big ten network is a vast wasteland of crap. but there are a few games people want to see every now and then, though not big games, those still go to espn/2/abc. so why would comcast pay all this money to put some shteinhole channel they dont own on basic cable so people can watch it for 3 hours a week a few times a year? no sense to do it.

big ten network was a horrible idea. at the least, they should syndicate the games out to local channels (ch 17 and 29 are owned by fox, csn has a relationship with fox sports net) so philly people can watch the penn state games. but that would essentially be a victory for comcast, and the big ten network cant let that happen.

blame the idiots who thought having big ten network would be a good idea. it can work if ALL they games go to big ten network, like michigan-osu and such. but they would lose so much money if that happened, so it never will. no one wants to watch northwestern vs. perdue mens lacrosse. no one. its a horrid idea and will end up being a huge waste of money.
For people outside Philly its a good channel MDS, but in philly it makes no sense

ice grillin you

please dont tell me youre saying the big ten network is a good channel anywhere in this galaxy

im certainly no comcast fan but they are 100% right in this case...the big ten should be RPG'ed for trying to charge for that disgrace of a channel

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 14, 2007, 09:10:25 AM
please dont tell me youre saying the big ten network is a good channel anywhere in this galaxy

im certainly no comcast fan but they are 100% right in this case...the big ten should be RPG'ed for trying to charge for that disgrace of a channel
hell no, i'm just saying its nice to watch games that i otherwise wouldn not have been able to watch.  I dont have comcast, i have Direct Tv solely because comcast sucks where i live.  They dont offer HD/On Demand/ or CSN Philly.  Direct TV gives me the channel and didnt increase my bill, just as MDS said, its FOX owned.