Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGM

Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

SunMo

i just heard about this guy, so it's not like i have sour grapes, but why would you commit to a school that just pulled the #1 and #2 guys at your position?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i just heard about this guy, so it's not like i have sour grapes, but why would you commit to a school that just pulled the #1 and #2 guys at your position?

because hes lendale white and one of the other two will be reggie bush...most likely mcknight

and

LA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>state college

and

USC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>penn state

he just all around fell in love with usc
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

NGM

Quote from: SunMo on February 07, 2007, 02:02:53 PM

Not to mention that USC got C.J. Gable last year who was the #1 or #2 back in the country depending on which publication you read.  I just don't get it.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

ice grillin you

Supposedly he told the PSU coaches that he was coming on Monday, then confirmed it yesterday.  Something happened this morning....probably Pete Carroll

thats either larry johnson or penn state message board people saying that...either way its sour grapes

the guy simply wanted to go to usc over psu...and frankly you cant blame him...i dont see the big deal here

ice grillin you

Not to mention that USC got C.J. Gable last year who was the #1 or #2 back in the country depending on which publication you read.  I just don't get it.

green will probably be redshirted meaning people from gables class will be juniors by the time he plays

and again green is a big power back like lendale white...these other guys arent...you dont think these kids see what happened with bush and white at usc

plus why shouldnt he think hes the best of all of them...these kids all do...why couldnt gable or mcknight or anyone else be austin scott and green be tony hunt

usc is a pro football factory that plus pete carrol plus national champsionships plus the pacific ocean plus model like women.....

do i need to go on?

BigEd76

I read that Tyler (the #2 RB) broke his leg and might be converted to LB.  They'll find a way to get him in there, but he could have been a starter for PSU instead of getting just a couple of carries a game out west...

ice grillin you

but he could have been a starter for PSU instead of getting just a couple of carries a game out west

is there a link somewhere that says hes only gonna get a couple carries a game at usc?

he went to a place he loves and could easily be a starter for a national champion who put people in the pros like they are the nfl's feeder system

he actually has as much chance to start at usc next year as penn state....which is about none

in two years as of now yes he would have a better chance of playing time at penn state...but he also has a better chance of playing behind a zesty oline and/or a zesty qb and/or on a zesty team and/or in ten below weather for a much worse coach ect...

believe me for every reason the penn state homers can come up for him to go there and there is 1 (potentially a better chance to start) the usc homers can come up with 20 reasons to go to usc

BigEd76

ice grillin you

you really dont wanna get into the football argument with anyone vs usc much less penn st

usc has better everything when it comes to football

if green plays to his capabilites he will play at usc and if he plays he has a much better chance to make the pros

if he starts at penn state and thats not even guaranteed...ask austin scott...he still might not make the pros as the football players around him will not be nearly as good

if he sucks it doesnt matter where he goes...but if hes good he made the absolute correct decision

this argument can be made about about every big time recruit that goes to a big time football school ever single year.....50 times over....why does anyone ever go to usc is the question???...you know how silly of an argument it is for a big time player (if he really likes the place) to not go to usc because they are too good???

im a penn st fan just like you easy but you have to be realistic...dont use the typical sour grapes arguments like he went for girls or usc paid him....he went because its a superior football school in every possible area....its why i said in todays college football landscape i dont see penn state ever going head to head with usc for a big time player and winning....its just not gonna happen....especially with players outside of penn states comfort zone (big ten country - md - nj ect....)

anyway....penn state still had a pretty good...top 25 class most likely and it follows a real good year last year...they have nothing to be ashamed of

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm not too concerned about it, mostly because Austin Scott was a top recruit and Tony Hunt was the afterthought.

As IGY said, PSU still had a solid class, considering how good last year's class was.

Oh, and they got Brent Carter and Evan Royster last year - neither were recruited as standard Big Ten "power" backs, but they still might have some potential.

ice grillin you

royster was fabulous in high school and by all accounts has looked great in practice so far....whos to say either one or both of those wont be better than green...

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 07, 2007, 04:06:50 PM
royster was fabulous in high school and by all accounts has looked great in practice so far....whos to say either one or both of those wont be better than green...

Royster probably would have been a much higher rated recruit had it not been for the fact he was injured much of his senior season.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on February 07, 2007, 11:08:59 PM
rodney kinlaw what?!?

He's never looked like anything but steaming garbage.