Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 16, 2006, 04:53:36 PM
nobody with cable gets ESPNU though

Nope.  And I could get it on DTV, but I choose not to.

ice grillin you

It's not on Gameplan, because it's on ESPNU.

espnu games are supposed to be on gameplan just as espn 'extra' games are

aj wallace went to my girls high school...i saw him a few times last year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

NGM

The only thing that will make this a good game is the free drinks I will be getting from my buddy at the bar.

Go State.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

BigEd76

PoopyfaceMcGee

It was closer than the score, but IMO there was no doubt OSU is the better team... and Morelli.. yikes.  He stinks.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 23, 2006, 07:02:52 PM
It was closer than the score, but IMO there was no doubt OSU is the better team... and Morelli.. yikes.  He stinks.

It is a little early to write off Morelli, that being said if Michael Robinson was still back there PSU probably wins the game easily.  Morelli has had a tough go of it no doubt, but he has had to play at two of the toughest places in the country in his first two starts.  I am very excited for this teams future.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

Morelli has a strong arm and NOTHING else.  He was awful at feeling the pressure (or not feeling it when he was well-protected), he's awful running or throwing on the move, and more importantly, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.  He was consistenly throwing behind his receivers and just chucked up a couple of ducks.

I mean... he made maybe 4 or 5 really good throws, and that's it.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 24, 2006, 08:07:44 AM
Morelli has a strong arm and NOTHING else.  He was awful at feeling the pressure (or not feeling it when he was well-protected), he's awful running or throwing on the move, and more importantly, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.  He was consistenly throwing behind his receivers and just chucked up a couple of ducks.

I mean... he made maybe 4 or 5 really good throws, and that's it.

At this point I agree with you, all I am saying is that it is way too early to write him off.  Remember Robinson's start to the season last year? I know they are two totally different players, but it takes some time for a QB to settle in.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm not writing him off completely, but I don't predict greatness.

ice grillin you

im not predicting greatness either but at this stage of their respective careers robinson was much worse than morelli...so bad that he got moved to wr....just sayin....

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 24, 2006, 09:26:39 PM
im not predicting greatness either but at this stage of their respective careers robinson was much worse than morelli...so bad that he got moved to wr....just sayin....

Robinson really never ended up being a great QB at all, though.  I cringed every time he threw an out route.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 25, 2006, 11:06:59 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 24, 2006, 09:26:39 PM

Robinson really never ended up being a great QB at all, though.  I cringed every time he threw an out route.

Maybe not a great QB but he was a great player.  Morelli has had to play in two games in completely sloppy conditions and I didn't get to see the ND or YSU game, but to me he has shown flashes.  He definately has the tools the question is can he put it together, imo he only has to be solid his WR corps could make him look great.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on September 25, 2006, 07:02:26 PM
Quote from: FFatPatt on September 25, 2006, 11:06:59 AM

Maybe not a great QB but he was a great player.

He had the ability to mix in his athletic running ability.  As soon as he stopped putting the ball on the ground, he stepped up and became a player.  Morelli does not have that ability, so we'll see.

Drunkmasterflex

Has Austin Scott been redshirted? If not when is the limit to do so, and why hasn't he been already?

ice grillin you

as long as he doesnt play he can redshirt...theyve all but said they will redshirt him...he didnt even make the trip to columbus