Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

I thought he was trying to be a professional poker player.

Now he can hang out with MDS whenever he wants, though.

BigEd76

MDS

Quote from: FFatPatt on February 22, 2006, 11:34:43 AM
I thought he was trying to be a professional poker player.

Now he can hang out with MDS whenever he wants, though.

:yay
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 23, 2006, 05:01:22 PM
Hazelton to USC

QuoteA few days later, Dexter Hazelton told Scout.com he was upset over the fanfare surrounding his son's visit to Penn State, which included taking in a Nittany Lion basketball game in courtside seats. "We wanted a laid-back trip just to find out the things we wanted to know," Dexter Hazelton said. "We did not want all the bells and whistles."

His father sounds like a full-on pain in the farging ass.

Good luck, Pete.  You're gonna need it with that fruitcake.

:-D :-D

SD_Eagle5

QuoteA few days later, Dexter Hazelton told Scout.com he was upset over the fanfare surrounding his son's visit to Penn State, which included taking in a Nittany Lion basketball game in courtside seats. "We wanted a laid-back trip just to find out the things we wanted to know," Dexter Hazelton said. "We did not want all the bells and whistles."

Great idea, move to Southern California instead where none of that exists.   :boo What a moron, I hope he gets McGahee'd.  :evil

rjs246

its possible that this 18 year old will turn into something, but far more likely that in three years no one will remember his name.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Oh well.  Chris Bell is one happy guy today.

ice grillin you

for a guy who didnt want fanfare he sure turned his sons recruiting process into a complete circus
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

rjs246

QuoteDefensive linemen

1. PENN STATE: E Maurice Evans, T Abe Koroma, E Eric Latimore, E Aaron Maybin, T Tom McEowen, T Jared Odrick, T Ollie Ogbu, T Phillip Taylor, E Johnnie Troutman -- Where's the beef? It's heading to State College. This may be the best position class signed by anybody.

Boing.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

NGM

Offensive Lineman

Quote4. PENN STATE: T/G Lou Eliades, G/C Doug Klopacz, G Antonio Logan-El, G J.B. Walton -- The Nittany Lions raided Maryland, getting seven of that state's top 10 prospects, including Logan-El and Walton.

Even though it isn't nearly as impressive as the D-line class I get more excited about this. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

phattymatty

I can't get excited about O-linemen, no matter how good they are.

SunMo

QuoteDienhart's SportingBlog

Penn State, who do you think you are?
March 2, 2006

Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt has tried. He really has. He wants to play Penn State. Heck, he used to as a Panther player, and he loved it. But the Nittany Lions want none of the Panthers.

It's a shame, really.

Oh, Penn State will play Pitt -- as long as the Panthers make two visits to State College for every one the Nittany Lions make to Pitt.

Where does Penn State come off making that demand?

I was in Wannstedt's office earlier this week, but we didn't talk about Penn State. He's busy trying to build a program. And from the looks of the Pitt facilities and recent recruiting class, Wannstedt has the Panthers pointed toward big things.

Penn State? I guess it has bigger non-conference fish to fry than Pitt. You know, games vs. the likes of Central Michigan, Cincinnati, Akron, Central Florida, Temple and Kent State in recent years. This year, I-AA Youngstown State is on the Nits' schedule.

But there's no room for a home-and-home with Pitt. What a flipping joke.

Imagine the excitement an annual Pitt-Penn State game would generate. It's not difficult to do, considering the schools met pretty much every year from 1915-2000. What has changed at Penn State for it now to view Pitt like it's Eastern Montana Tech?

Pitt is in a BCS league and plays in an NFL stadium. That's good, right? The game would be a sellout and likely televised nationally. That's good, right?

Hmmm. This may take some detective work.

Some say Penn State snubs its nose at Pitt because of a grudge Joe Paterno holds against the Panthers. This goes back to the early 1980s, when JoePa proposed the idea of an Eastern-based conference. Pitt rejected it. JoePa seethed. If that's true, doesn't JoePa know that grudges and resentment only hurt the person holding them? He's too old for that junk.

Maybe Penn State's outlandish 2-for-1 demands aren't based on an old-time grudge held by Paterno. Maybe Penn State is just flat-out scared of Pitt. If that's the case, well, that's just sad.

What this all boils down to is ego. It's a simple case of one school thinking it's better than another. How else can you explain Penn State's demands?

what a douche bag
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

penn st does the same thing with md

PoopyfaceMcGee