Diomedes

Trying to decide on flex starter for week one:

Cedric Benson @ CLE
Marshawn Lynch @ SF
Tim Hightower vs. NYG
Reggie Bush vs. NE
Lee Evans vs. PIT

Who would you start and why?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Hightower. Giants are banged up on defense, and you may not get nearly as much use out of him later in the season as Shanahan shuttles backs in and out of his favored rotation.

Bush and Evans are viable options, especially if you are in a PPR league. Would stay away from Benson and Lynch for now.

Diomedes

Thanks.

I'm divided between Hightower and Bush.  Evans is only a couple days removed from wearing a boot so I'm going to wait on him.  I think you're probably right that Hightower is the best bet.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

if its not a ppr league then you can make the argument that bush shouldnt even be on a team in your league much less getting a starting nod

if it is ppr id go with evans

hightower lynch are identical options....both going against teams they could be successful against but both playing on teams who have horrendous qb's that will be facing 8 men in the box and an opponent who will be daring them to win the game

benson isnt an option as cincy is a complete and utter mess
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

It is not a PPR league.

So...you agree:  Hightower?

phattymatty

which is why benson will have a 1,000+ yard year. it will take him 600 carries but he'll get it.

Diomedes

Benson is their only option and they are his only option.  He'll get the ball a lot and once in a while, he'll do something with it.  Simple law of averages dictates that he's a good backup and flex player depending on the situation.

He's gonna win a few fantasy matchups for people this year.

ice grillin you

Munson

Flex Spot, 1 bonus point for every 5 catches.

Joseph Addai @HOU
Jeremy Maclin @STL
Delone Carter @HOU

Threw in Carter just because...I think it's really between the other two guys right now.

Other money league, PPR, pick my #3 WR between...

Mike Thomas vs TEN
Sidney Rice @SF
Antonio Brown @ BAL
Deion Branch @ MIA

Rice looks like might not play, but not sure what to do with the other guys. Thomas' stock drops a little with Garrard getting cut.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

who wants to play help igy beat sunny this week

i need two of these four at rb.....shon is pretty much set but if someone can change my mind on him im IN....otherwise i need one of the other three....yes i know my rb's blow wad

shon green vs dallas
marsh lynch at san fran
felix jones at jets
cj spiller at kc

PoopyfaceMcGee

Play Felix. Cowboys have a chance to win if he gets going but will likely lose ugly if he's shut down.

shorebird

Plax, Crabtree, Lee Evans, Maclin, Eagles Steve Smith.

I want to start Smith but have Maclin in there as of now.

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 10, 2011, 08:26:12 PM
who wants to play help igy beat sunny this week

i need two of these four at rb.....shon is pretty much set but if someone can change my mind on him im IN....otherwise i need one of the other three....yes i know my rb's blow wad

shon green vs dallas
marsh lynch at san fran
felix jones at jets
cj spiller at kc

I'd start Green also, wouldn't start any of that group against the Jets defense. Seems a coin toss between Lynch and Spiller, I'd go with Spiller.

Diomedes

igy
Green and Lynch.   The latter is his team's only hope, right?  I try to avoid having both my RBs from the same matchup.

shore
Go with Maclin.  And then trade one of the Eagles receivers asap...otherwise you'll drive yourself nuts all year playing the wrong one each week.

ice grillin you

Quote from: shorebird on September 11, 2011, 06:52:10 AM
Plax, Crabtree, Lee Evans, Maclin, Eagles Steve Smith.

I want to start Smith but have Maclin in there as of now.

im confused as to why you would start smith over any of these guys much less mack....mack is the eagles #1 or 2 wr smith is at best the #4 wr....hes also coming off the injury....in fact has it even been said by anyone that he will play today...i know hes not on the injury report and HE says he will play but who knows how many snaps hes going to get...to me smith sits on your bench until he produces...right now hes a complete unknown

if mack himself wasnt coming off his aids scare hed be the pick....even now i think thats who id go with altho you could concievably go with any of them cept ss....id be tempted to take a flyer on plax for his upside...if nothing else for the td's....i could see him having three catches and two touchdowns...

im assuming this is your last spot on your team to fill....which is a place where you can take a chance on someone....its not like these guys are your number one wr's