Concrete Field Online Madden League

Started by PhillyPhanInDC, January 05, 2010, 02:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

Matty has got the lead on setting it up. Think it is currently set for eight teams with six spots taken. If you are in, say so here, in addition to what team you are, and what your Gamertag is.

Here is my stuff:

I picked the Dolphins, and my Gamertag is SloSteadySqueez. I am going to Wildcat everyone's ass into the ground.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

I got a friend interested. I am emailing him the details and I am assuming we are picking one team from every division right? Let me know so he doesn't pick a team in the same division as one of you. He said he's going to try and sign up tonight sometime or soon.

His gamertag is Coldasnyte and he'd like the Steelers.

I just went online to look at who has what and I am just going to go ahead and put the teams, gametags down since other people might not see this thread for a bit. Might not be exact gamertags...

Slowsteadysqueeze - Dolphins - PPinDC
JPeso80 - Titans - DMF
Zanshin - Falcons - Zanshin
Sorvok - Cowboys - Zanshins buddy(Phatty picked the Eagles first so can we change teams at anytime? Or does it matter or not if teams are in the same division?)
Rickmybars - Eagles - PhattyMatty
zombifacekilla - Chargers - mussa
Coldasnyte - Steelers - mussas buddy

"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

yeah 360.

and yes we can change teams whenever, at least as the commish who set it up i can drop someone and they can sign right back up.  and since we're doing live draft teams don't matter but yeah we would want to have one person in each division.

or maybe even better we have all 8 of us in just 2 divisions, meaning less games vs. computer and more vs. each other.

Drunkmasterflex

It probably would be better if we put 8 of us in the same division so there more games against each other, either way it should be fun.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhanInDC

As long as you clowns can't stop a FB dive, you are all going down.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

mussa

LOL. Then I guess we'll have to do it all over again, I agree with this though. So one division from NFC and one from AFC? That gives 4 of us a chance at playoffs.

Are we playing All-Pro? How may minute quarters? accelerated clock? Fight for fumble option?

I vote for All-Pro. Quarter length depends on if we do accelerated clock. I personally hate the fight for fumble option. Sometimes its accurate other times its so obviously bad. I'd just rather it be turned off.

Also I can't stand it when I play iceholes who go for it on 4th and like 5 or more. If its late in the 4th and its pretty much a no brainer then fine, but this 4th and long shtein is bullshtein. If its 4th and short and u want to gamble I'm fine with that. Let me know your thoughts on this that way we can all be on the same page.

phattymatty

Quote from: mussa on January 06, 2010, 11:35:04 AM
LOL. Then I guess we'll have to do it all over again, I agree with this though. So one division from NFC and one from AFC? That gives 4 of us a chance at playoffs.

I was thinking we should do like all NFC East and NFC South, since all of those teams play each other, we'd have basically all user vs. user games except for the 4 vs. the AFC and the other 2 randoms.  so 10 user games vs. 6 computer games.  if we did only one team per division we'd essentially only play like 4 user games, maybe even less, which is gay.

QuoteAre we playing All-Pro? How may minute quarters? accelerated clock? Fight for fumble option?

I vote for All-Pro. Quarter length depends on if we do accelerated clock. I personally hate the fight for fumble option. Sometimes its accurate other times its so obviously bad. I'd just rather it be turned off.

I'm cool with All-Pro, although I have no idea what I usually play at.  Is that default? And I'll turn off the fumble dealy, doesn't matter to me.

QuoteAlso I can't stand it when I play iceholes who go for it on 4th and like 5 or more. If its late in the 4th and its pretty much a no brainer then fine, but this 4th and long shtein is bullshtein. If its 4th and short and u want to gamble I'm fine with that. Let me know your thoughts on this that way we can all be on the same page.

I just hate punting in video games but if everyone wants to play "real" games than i'm cool with that too. 

PhillyPhanInDC

I am fine with whatever.

• NFC East and South work fine.

• The fumble thing is gimp - turn it off.

• If you want to be a dumb ass and go for it on 4th and 9 in the first quarter, so be it.

• We can play at All-Pro, but I basically have the skill of a Madden All-tard. I'm not playing in this to display my prowess, but to have some fun. I am going to suck. Big deal.

• I like playing 6-8 minute quarters.

• I'll go with the accelerated clock.

mussa

I'm fine with however u want to do the teams.
I think All-Pro is fair
6-8 minutes with accelerated clock goes by fast. I just played a guy last night and we both had the ball once the entire first half, but we had long drives. I guess it doesn't really matter, but I don't mind playing alittle longer so its more realistic. Maybe 9-10 mins with accelerated clock?

Drunkmasterflex

If you do accelerated clock you definitely want to do 9 or 10 minutes.  I don't care what we do as far as teams, because if we are all one from each division it gives us a better chance of making the playoffs and playing each other.  Whatever I am good with, I am just looking forward to getting this shtein started. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Zanshin

In.  7 or 8 minute quarters with the accel. clock would be my vote, but I don't care all that much.

phattymatty

ok well when is a good time for everyone to draft? i'd prefer midweek any time between 7-midnight. 

Drunkmasterflex

That works for me, I don't typically have sthein to do except on Wednesdays, but I am good after 8 on those days.