2013-14 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by BigEd76, September 30, 2013, 10:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Peace out to that miserable a-hole Dubee

Rome

MDS

another byproduct of firing that carcass manuel. stubborn uncle chuck wasnt going to be there without his trusty pitching coach dubes.

also guys dont worry. amaro is going to use more analytics now. previously it was all about SCOUTING and PRODUCTION and GRIT and other non-tangible outdated blowhard shenanigans. now its about actual facts. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Oh for real?

Who is he going to hire, Biill James?!

MDS

that would be great.

maybe someone can cc jimmy on the 0.1 war memo
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

pat gillick the best gm maybe in the history of sports was as anti nerd as you can get

i know its the in thing these days to not actually watch games but trust me the eye test is still by far the number 1 way to tell if someone can play or not

you guys should try it sometime...instead of faking your like of sports thru some phony numbers...

pretending to care about actual games does not make your crowd less nerdy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

There's a place in the game for analytics but it's not the be-all end-all solution to the game either.

smeags

yeah but rome ... money ball has produced so many titles.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

The A's have 96 wins with a $60M payroll.

MDS

the red sox also heavily use advanced metrics but they suck so whatever

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

smeags

Quote from: Rome on October 01, 2013, 01:51:14 PM
The A's have 96 wins with a $60M payroll.

i agree with you that there is a place for analytics in the game but maybe team's that adopt this method over scouting and other old school methods should pile up some titles before the sabredork's come out of the woodworks claiming the old ways are over, outdated and pointless.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

also low payroll does not equal sabremetrics

lots of teams win with a low payroll and dont use sabremetrics...the hard part is keeping a low payroll team together long term

thats why the red sox are good not because theo epstein was their gm
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Most every organization in the MLB has a "sabremetrics" staff to help with the scouting, I'm pretty sure...
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

Unfortunately the bums sabremetrics staff sucks.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.