Go Yankees!

Started by BigEd76, August 31, 2004, 11:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

Quote from: Wingspan on September 02, 2004, 12:56:39 PM
Quote from: mhunt on September 02, 2004, 12:07:49 PM
winners never quitthe phills........quittersthe phils never win.

:paranoid

101 years of yankee baseball. 26 world series titles. 1 WS win ever 4 years. thats not even counting the 12 world series' that they lost!

they average 1 world series every 3 years over their history.

meanwhile the phillies are the worst franchise in pro sports (going by wins and losses) and would have to go on a 15 or 20 year winning streak to get to .500 all time.

i really cant laugh at one 22-0 loss for very long once i realize i am a fan of a team that never does anything right whatsoever, kinda silly.

most people can't understand that concept.  :P
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PhillyGirl

Don't tell me what I can or cannot laugh at. I'm laughing at the entire Phillies season. Doesn't mean I can't laugh at when Georgie gets all upset and steamed.  ::)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

perhaps if someone in the phillies organization got half as pissed off at one loss as steinbrenner does, we wouldnt be fans of the most futile franchise in all of professional sports  ::)2
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Wingspan on September 02, 2004, 04:18:35 PM
perhaps if someone in the phillies organization got half as pissed off at one loss as steinbrenner does, we wouldnt be fans of the most futile franchise in all of professional sports  ::)2

This is true.  Even though it's always fun to root against the Yankees and Steinbrenner, it still doesn't change the fact that every non-Yankee fan wishes they had him for an owner. 

hunt

i'm laughing at this entire ridiculous thread.

RomeyRome

hunt

9-1...yanks won again. :whistle:

MURP

PhillyPhreak54

Beware Tito Francona, hunt. :-D

Fan_Since_64

Quote from: mhunt on September 03, 2004, 09:07:56 AM
9-1...yanks won again. :whistle:

And now from a fan of a team that Yankee fans should be very nervous about....  ;)
The Cards have won six straight and are up to a .667 winning percentage  :o
The last two teams to finish with that percentage? The 1975 Reds and 1986 Mets. Yep, both won it all  8)

PoopyfaceMcGee

Reminder:  Farg the Yankees.

Thank you for your time.

satoshi

Justin Gatlin threw out the first ball at the Orioles game today, and his mom seems to work for the Yankee Stadium.

PhillyGirl

Good game today, Spanks.  :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

satoshi

Only 2 hits against PONSON.... :o :boom

hunt

Tee Hee!  I sit back and giggle about a 1st place team I'm jealous of while my underachieving team battles for 3rd place. Tee Hee.