Go Yankees!

Started by BigEd76, August 31, 2004, 11:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 01, 2004, 10:17:00 AM
Quote from: mhunt on September 01, 2004, 08:14:44 AM
how are the sillies doing these days?

c'mon hunt....you know the Philly fan credo:  root for the local team first....then bash the successful teams like the Yankees and Lakers when the local team is hopelessly out of it....  >:D  :'(

ed...i corrected your post for you.  ;D
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

BigEd76

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 01, 2004, 10:19:06 AM
I was rooting for the Red Sox last year. But this year I don't know if I can because they have that dumbfarg Tito Francona managing them.

I was hoping the Orioles would jump out of nowhere. Good job, O's. :boo

just for the fact that it may give ed wade the worst case of diarhea known to man...i would like to see the red sox and cardinals in the world series, with Mike Timlin, Terry Adams, Curt Schilling, Marlon Anderson, and Scott Rolen playing...and then have Terry Francona winning a WS with the red sox....

not that i liked francona...but think about it, Terry Francona being the guy who wins a world series with the Red Sox...

:-D

oh...how i hope it happens

GO SOX

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

BigEd76

If you look back at those 1997-2000 Phils teams, NO manager would have come close to .500 with that garbage....

satoshi

Without Nomar, I have no reason to root for the bloodysox. Go Bombers!!

hunt

the yanks won 5-3 last night...where's the topic about that???   ;)

PhillyPhreak54

I'm rooting for the Rangers.

Viva la Tejas!

PhillyGirl

Quote from: mhunt on September 02, 2004, 08:10:46 AM

5-3 win does not make up for 22-0 loss. LOL
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hunt

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 02, 2004, 10:05:21 AM

unless run differential counts in the standings, it sure does...1-1 in their last 2 games.

how'd the sillies do last night???

Sgt PSN

Quote from: mhunt on September 02, 2004, 10:35:25 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 02, 2004, 10:05:21 AM

unless run differential counts in the standings, it sure does...1-1 in their last 2 games.

Yup, kind of like the Phils/Rockies series a few weeks ago.  Phils outscore Colorado 22-16 yet lose the series 3-1.   :-\

PhillyGirl

Yeah, but its so much more fun to watch Georgie Porgie get so steamed.   :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

Can't argue with that.   :D

hunt

winners never quit........quitters never win.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: mhunt on September 02, 2004, 12:07:49 PM
winners never quit........quitters never win.

And George never shuts up.

Wingspan

Quote from: mhunt on September 02, 2004, 12:07:49 PM
winners never quitthe phills........quittersthe phils never win.

:paranoid

101 years of yankee baseball. 26 world series titles. 1 WS win ever 4 years. thats not even counting the 12 world series' that they lost!

they average 1 world series every 3 years over their history.

meanwhile the phillies are the worst franchise in pro sports (going by wins and losses) and would have to go on a 15 or 20 year winning streak to get to .500 all time.

i really cant laugh at one 22-0 loss for very long once i realize i am a fan of a team that never does anything right whatsoever, kinda silly.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.