Brent Celek, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SunMo, April 29, 2007, 02:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Stallworth Supporter

Dillen

SunMo dominated DieHard. Not thrilled with this pick...at all. How many white TEs do we need? farg.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

DH

Feva

Well... this keeps teh level of suck going.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

Stallworth Supporter

From Yahoo!

The Good: Celek has the package to be a fine NFL performer with further development as a blocker. He gets open consistently and displays soft hands to make all the catches. After the catch, he shows a nice combination of power and some elusiveness to gain yardage despite only average speed. He also has the technique, agility and strength to become a quality inline blocker with further development.

The Bad: As an inline blocker he lacks the pop to get consistent movement at the point of attack to be ready to help in that area.

Outlook: Well-developed sleeper and a fine prospect with a make-it grade to win the No. 2 job early as a pro. Depending on the team, he could win an H-back role immediately. He is an athletic tight end with the size, speed and hands to fill a number of roles at the NFL level.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Not taking Patrick is an obvious act of racism.

QB Eagles

goeagles99:

QuoteBrent isn't all that big, but he's a good receiving TE and has some athletic ability. Has 91 catches and 14 TDs for his career. Good receiver. Has good hands, but will drops passes from time to time. Celek had a huge play in the upset of Rutgers . He caught an 83 yd TD pass. Took a short throw in the left flat. Got by a defender and then headed down the sideline for the score. Has good RAC ability. Marginal blocker. Good positional blocker. Needs to use his hands better. Also needs to block with a wider base. Gets little straight ahead push as an in-line blocker. Moves okay, but isn't great athlete. Good release. Works mostly short to medium routes, but athletic enough to stretch the field somewhat. Ran a 4.79 at his Pro Day.

Backup LS at UC. Could be an emergency snapper in the NFL.

SUMMARY

Day 2 player. Has value for a team that likes to throw to the TE. Ideal for the WCO.

PhillyPhreak54

The allergy towards blocking TEs is baffling. Almost as baffling as drafting a QB first.

SD_Eagle5

QuoteBrent isn't all that big, but he's a good receiving TE and has some athletic ability. Has 91 catches and 14 TDs for his career. Good receiver. Has good hands, but will drops passes from time to time

If I ddn't know better I'd think we drafted Schoebel

TexasEagle

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 29, 2007, 02:13:08 PM
goeagles99:

QuoteHas good hands, but will drops passes from time to time.

LJ says hi.

PhillyPhreak54